Cartier LOVE ring Liner

adri

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
Has anyone had any experience getting a liner put into their LOVE ring? My ring has become quite loose, it's currently 2 sizes too big. It fits my finger without sliding completely off but it does move around a bit. I took it to the boutique to inquire about getting a liner put in and the SA suggested against it. He said liners are more difficult to take off than put on and he reminded me of swelling fingers during the Summertime.

Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone has had any experience with this. I'm leaning more towards keeping it as is so it will fit me later on when I am pregnant and such but I'm still torn. He did also mention that it would take around 3 weeks to get the lining put in and I would hate to part with the ring for so long.

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated!

I wear a super thin Tiffany twist yg band ring with my Cartier panthere when I want to wear the panthere on a finger where it's too loose on its own. Love this look and I have more options for fingers and when my hands swell in summer I can wear the panthere alone.
Adding a stack ring makes both rings more snug without being tight and nothing slips

Reactions: uhpharm01
I wear a super thin Tiffany twist yg band ring with my Cartier panthere when I want to wear the panthere on a finger where it's too loose on its own. Love this look and I have more options for fingers and when my hands swell in summer I can wear the panthere alone.
Adding a stack ring makes both rings more snug without being tight and nothing slips

IMG_1483410250.234622.jpg

Reactions: uhpharm01
Hey everyone!

I made this account specifically to ask this question. I've been struggling with finding the correct size in a Cartier love ring. I have ordered the classic 5 mm wide gold ring- no diamonds or anything.

I originally ordered a 58 because I was using the PDF sizing chart on their website. It was huge! So I went and got myself sized at a local jewlery store. 6 fit my ring fingers. However, I want to be able to wear the ring on my middle finger as well. A 6.5 fit best there and left me some room.

I went on to order sizes 53 and 54. 53 was far too tight. 54 fits my ring fingers perfectly leaving some room to grow. However, the ring is extremely snug on my middle finger. I am currently engaged and when I purchase my wedding band, I would like to wear my Cartier ring on my middle finger a majority of the time.

Since Cartier does not have a size 7, I am thinking about ordering up to the 55 (US size 7.25) and having beads or a liner put in.
I figured that having a ring slightly too large than too small is ideal. I am only 22 years old and so who knows if I will gain weight or when I will get pregnant in the future and my fingers will swell!

What advice do people have for or against sizing beads and liners? Do people generally purchase a ring that fits them perfectly or provides some room to move?

I would greatly appreciate any help! This has left me pretty stresssed out!

Hey everyone!

I made this account specifically to ask this question. I've been struggling with finding the correct size in a Cartier love ring. I have ordered the classic 5 mm wide gold ring- no diamonds or anything.

I originally ordered a 58 because I was using the PDF sizing chart on their website. It was huge! So I went and got myself sized at a local jewlery store. 6 fit my ring fingers. However, I want to be able to wear the ring on my middle finger as well. A 6.5 fit best there and left me some room.

I went on to order sizes 53 and 54. 53 was far too tight. 54 fits my ring fingers perfectly leaving some room to grow. However, the ring is extremely snug on my middle finger. I am currently engaged and when I purchase my wedding band, I would like to wear my Cartier ring on my middle finger a majority of the time.

Since Cartier does not have a size 7, I am thinking about ordering up to the 55 (US size 7.25) and having beads or a liner put in.
I figured that having a ring slightly too large than too small is ideal. I am only 22 years old and so who knows if I will gain weight or when I will get pregnant in the future and my fingers will swell!

What advice do people have for or against sizing beads and liners? Do people generally purchase a ring that fits them perfectly or provides some room to move?

I would greatly appreciate any help! This has left me pretty stresssed out!

I bought my love ring at exactly the size I had at that time. Not taking into account that because it's quite wide it will feel more tight than my thin wedding ring. I've gained weight and now I can't wear it. If you want to wear it on your middle finger in the end I'd order the size up. Sizing beads work perfectly to adjust a half size and easy to remove later, just make sure they won't put them on the Cartier details like serial number and size but the other side. A liner might not be necessary (and I don't like those).
I've worked for a high end jeweller and never had a customer complaint after sizing beads..

Has anyone had any experience getting a liner put into their LOVE ring? My ring has become quite loose, it's currently 2 sizes too big. It fits my finger without sliding completely off but it does move around a bit. I took it to the boutique to inquire about getting a liner put in and the SA suggested against it. He said liners are more difficult to take off than put on and he reminded me of swelling fingers during the Summertime.

Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone has had any experience with this. I'm leaning more towards keeping it as is so it will fit me later on when I am pregnant and such but I'm still torn. He did also mention that it would take around 3 weeks to get the lining put in and I would hate to part with the ring for so long.

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated!
Hello! I'm just curious- why did he advise against a liner? I am currently contemplating between a 54 and 55. I'm thinking about going with a 55 and adding a liner so that I can have more flexibility with sizing in the future.

I bought my love ring at exactly the size I had at that time. Not taking into account that because it's quite wide it will feel more tight than my thin wedding ring. I've gained weight and now I can't wear it. If you want to wear it on your middle finger in the end I'd order the size up. Sizing beads work perfectly to adjust a half size and easy to remove later, just make sure they won't put them on the Cartier details like serial number and size but the other side. A liner might not be necessary (and I don't like those).
I've worked for a high end jeweller and never had a customer complaint after sizing beads..
Thank you!!!

What is a liner? Please explain. I'm familiar with the beads/balls but have never heard of Liners. Thanks
I actually have no idea. The sales associate I have been speaking to over the phone just shared that it is a piece of metal that is added to the inside of the ring to size it down. He said that beads were not reccomended with the love ring but a liner was. If you google it, some photos come up but not sure if it's the same.