Cartier LOVE PAVE Bracelet HELP & QUESTIONS!

coolb0yalex

Oct 24, 2012
I am a guy and I’ve been eying an upgrade to my LOVE bracelet from a WG Love Bracelet to a YG or WG PAVE (full size) bracelet. I have several questions and I hope my PB family can with:

1. Since it is a locked via a clasp and hinged design, does Cartier supply a screwdriver? Or does it just come with the bracelet?
2. If have darker skin and skinny wrists, so wondering if people have photos of their LOVE PAVE BRACELETS to show off and I can compare which would look better fo my skin color? The local store is closed until further notice due to COVID.
3. Is it too much to be wearing this with casual wear? Any worries of theft from the bling factor?
4. Thoughts on a guy wearing this? I know Bieber has it (per below).

THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT! Maybe it’s just sheltering in place, but I’ve been spending all my nights thinking about this bracelet!

E177BA10-3C6B-45F0-8F7C-C8994C4C4394.jpeg 44A1B6D1-F8F7-4C7B-A8BD-15C72BC220F6.jpeg E177BA10-3C6B-45F0-8F7C-C8994C4C4394.jpeg 44A1B6D1-F8F7-4C7B-A8BD-15C72BC220F6.jpeg

missisa07

O.G.
Jun 1, 2007
I don't personally think I'd wear the full pave for daily wear. (I do have the thin pave, but I feel the regular pave is SUPER blingy). I would LOVE to own one, one day, but I don't think I'd personally wear it every day if I ever got one. I don't think there's anything wrong with a guy wearing it. If that's your cup of tea, DRINK IT. :biggrin:

coolb0yalex

Oct 24, 2012
I don't personally think I'd wear the full pave for daily wear. (I do have the thin pave, but I feel the regular pave is SUPER blingy). I would LOVE to own one, one day, but I don't think I'd personally wear it every day if I ever got one. I don't think there's anything wrong with a guy wearing it. If that's your cup of tea, DRINK IT. :biggrin:
Are you worried about theft for your small pave?
I have a darker complexion, so not sure if yellow gold, rose gold, or white gold would work the best for me.

lovecartier

Loves Love
O.G.
Jun 16, 2008
Capital City
Can't say what it will look like on your skin tone or wrist size but I think yellow gold is usually beautiful on darker tones. Does not come with screwdriver. I wear mine more or less daily. If I'm going somewhere I don't want it on, it comes off. Oh, also, as far as guys wearing this - I think the classic with or without diamonds is the height of elegance on a man. I also don't believe in gender rules with these things. I will say as a man with the pave one, it's a much louder look - way more of a statement. You have to decide if it's one you want to make.

Attachments

BrandSnob

May 2, 2014
DC/NYC
To know which color looks best on you go by your undertone. Flip over your wrist and check what color your veins are. If they are green you have yellow/warm undertones so the gold would look best on you. If they look more blue you are cool toned so silver would look best. If in the middle it means you are neutral.

for example, I am a tad darker than Beyoncé with yellow undertones. Gold looks best on me.

coolb0yalex

Oct 24, 2012
Can't say what it will look like on your skin tone or wrist size but I think yellow gold is usually beautiful on darker tones. Does not come with screwdriver. I wear mine more or less daily. If I'm going somewhere I don't want it on, it comes off. Oh, also, as far as guys wearing this - I think the classic with or without diamonds is the height of elegance on a man. I also don't believe in gender rules with these things. I will say as a man with the pave one, it's a much louder look - way more of a statement. You have to decide if it's one you want to make.
That looks so nice and elegant! I need SIP to be over and indoor retail to reopen so I can try it on myself. It’s just a perfect long term investment piece!

Do you have worried of the clasp coming off? Or if someone can just quickly unlatch it off your arm?

coolb0yalex

Oct 24, 2012
To know which color looks best on you go by your undertone. Flip over your wrist and check what color your veins are. If they are green you have yellow/warm undertones so the gold would look best on you. If they look more blue you are cool toned so silver would look best. If in the middle it means you are neutral.

for example, I am a tad darker than Beyoncé with yellow undertones. Gold looks best on me.
White Golf has served me well for many years, but I feel like the Yellow Gold Pave will just provide the bling factor. I’m telling myself this is as good as it’s going to get for jewelry for me. Don’t think there is anything that’s more nicely designed with a history like this bracelet.

lovecartier

Loves Love
O.G.
Jun 16, 2008
Capital City
I agree with you - there probably is no other piece I would rather have at this point. Yellow Gold has that classic warmth, and in dimmer conditions the diamonds look almost "beaded" on it which is sort of cool. The white gold is very nice too. It would be hard for someone to walk off with this without you noticing. The safety is really nice and secure and you can't operate the clasp without that being open. Also, the thing doesn't just SWING open, the hinge is nice and tight so it's gradual. If someone actually restrains you, they're going to be able to get it. Let them. Your safety is more important and that's what insurance is for (schedule it!)

Helloviuviu

Feb 22, 2018
I agree with you - there probably is no other piece I would rather have at this point. Yellow Gold has that classic warmth, and in dimmer conditions the diamonds look almost "beaded" on it which is sort of cool. The white gold is very nice too. It would be hard for someone to walk off with this without you noticing. The safety is really nice and secure and you can't operate the clasp without that being open. Also, the thing doesn't just SWING open, the hinge is nice and tight so it's gradual. If someone actually restrains you, they're going to be able to get it. Let them. Your safety is more important and that's what insurance is for (schedule it!)
Hiiii, do you wear your pave bracelet when you sleep and shower? Have you ever experience the diamond falling off? Not going to get this anytime soon, but it’s on my wishlist.

coolb0yalex

Oct 24, 2012
Can certainly wear for both, don't always. Diamonds are very secure. It's Cartier for God's sake!
What other pieces do you have and do you constantly just end up wearing the LOVE? I used to wear a lot of other brands, but now I’m just completely on the Cartier bandwagon.

Reactions: rileygirl

lovecartier

Loves Love
O.G.
Jun 16, 2008
Capital City
What other pieces do you have and do you constantly just end up wearing the LOVE? I used to wear a lot of other brands, but now I’m just completely on the Cartier bandwagon.
I've agonized but for now I've taken off my other two love bracelets. I'm not into the stack and the pave is a lot thicker so it can look funny. I regularly wear one of two panthere rings on the same hand, and on the other wrist, a big Rolex Day Date. Sometimes I move the pave to the left with the watch and put the two loves back onto the right wrist.

ani108

Mar 18, 2016
I love the pave on it's own, think it's one of those standalone pieces that really doesn't require stacking (unless it's with a pave JUC haha).