Cartier Love or Tiffany T True narrow bracelet?

Sergi

Jul 13, 2016
Hello! I was looking for some advice on which of these two bracelets to get. I know this is the Tiffany's forum so I'm also posting in the Cartier one.

I've been wanting the Cartier love bracelet for a while but I'm starting to feel like I'm losing interest in it. But, whenever I see it on someone, it still sparks joy! On the other hand I have been wanting the Tiffany T True narrow bracelet for well over a year now, as well. Both of the bracelets are the gold versions I'm deciding between (for Cartier just the standard gold version, no diamonds, not interested in the cuff or the thin version). The price points are similar enough that it's not a deciding factor. I was looking for some input from y'all to help me decide.

Pros for Love: seems to be going really strong still, its solid gold (please correct me if I'm wrong), and just overall seems like a substantial piece of jewelry while also remaining fairly not flashy. Cartier as a brand overall seems more appealing than Tiffany.
Cons: scratches easily and it's not as easy to remove as the tiffany one.

Pros for Tiffany T True: I love how the T's are designed and they kind of sparkle when light hits them at certain angles. it's easy to remove. Seems like the scratches would be less noticeable than on the love bracelet. $1100 cheaper. I know the price isn't a deciding factor for me, but maybe it would be nice to put that $1100 toward a future purchase haha. Tiffany as a brand always holds a soft spot in my heart because it's where I first started getting my jewelry and haven't purchased anything from them in a long time.
Cons: doesn't seem as substantial in weight (It seems hollow but I also haven't held it or tried it on personally) as the Cartier love bracelet yet the price is still pretty high.

I'm looking to wear either one as an everyday piece so I understand that either bracelet will get a bunch of scratches regardless.

Attachments

• tiffany t true bracelet.png
    tiffany t true bracelet.png
    420.8 KB · Views: 134
  • cartier love bracelet.png
    cartier love bracelet.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: mmosley82
I “love” the idea of the love bracelet and also personally don’t take off any of my gold jewelry. If you plan to take it off daily I’d suggest the Tiffany otherwise my vote is for the cartier bracelet. Like you said, Cartier is a more substantial brand and will be a better investment. Good luck deciding! :smile:

I would say what better fits your lifestyle and style more, while both both and approximately same width, they offer two separate ascetics. Personally, I change everyday so the Tiffany would be a better option but you may were yours everyday with no issues. There is always the new T1 that is a little closer ascetically to the Love.

Reactions: USCGirlie
Can I ask why you won’t consider the Cartier love in the cuff? If you’re looking for something you can take off easily, the cuff is great. I have it, looks exactly like the original love bracelet, still feels substantial and is cheaper.

Just wondering how to clean the T? For sure it collects more dirt than the Love. Also like the Cartier more European / less American as being much more subtle in branding while still being bold in style.

Reactions: cvalier26
Based on your post, it seems like you want to justify getting the Tiffany's :smile: Is it one or the other, or will you get both at some point? If only 1, ask yourself if you would regret not getting the other!

I have the love (cuff), and my sister has the Tiffany T. I chose the cuff because it is easier to remove than the love. I chose the cuff, because like you I can't stand the inability to remove the bracelet at will. I tried the Tiffany T and it is quite sparkly because of how it is cut, and between the love and the Tiffany T, I think the latter is less flashy and is a more subtle day-to-day jewelry. In any case, it all comes down to preference, both are beautiful.

Reactions: ArmyWifeandMom
I just acquired the Tiffany T True Narrow Hinged Bracelet and I LOVE IT!!! It’s not common, it catches the light nicely without trying too hard and definitely is not prone to scratching as easy as the Love. The clasp mechanism is another thing I adore even if it is a part of my daily jewelry stack and I don’t take them off… it’s very discreet while still being easy to locate and utilize. As far as the weight of it, I don’t feel much difference between my (reg sized) Love and the True (narrow). They both have a substantial weight IMHO.

It was between my Cartier and Tiffany when I first started my stack and I opted for Cartier because of the outstanding customer service my SA gave me. We kept going back for milestone gifts because of the amazing service and I joked I was starting to look like a one-trick pony w/ nothing but Cartier on the wrist. I needed to diversify my stack… lol, guess the universe heard me because our SA texted us that she left to Tiffany’s a few stores down and we paid her a visit to congratulate her and I ended up with a push gift surprise. :heart:

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Cartier… but the amount of Love knock-offs out there vs the True is night/day. If you’re looking to eventually acquire both, I’d go Tiffany’s first. Love bracelets are so easy to find on the secondhand market if you’re looking to save and the $1k+ saved can go towards that if it’s an option you’re willing to pursue to scratch the itch at a later date. (Or you can still buy new.)

F312A0AD-4295-43C6-92F7-83A5BF4364BC.jpeg