Cartier love or diamond tennis bracelet?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,
    My DH and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary in the fall and with Cartier's price increase looming, I have been thinking about a piece of jewelry to commemorate the milestone. I have always loved the love bangle yet DH feels it's overpriced for what it is…. He says for the money, I could have a beautiful diamond tennis bracelet.
    So ladies, what do you think? He will get me what makes me happy but I'd love to get your thoughts….
    Do I go for the love and buy it now pre-increase or get the diamond tennis bracelet in the fall? I would put the love away until anniversary (BTW) Are diamond tennis bracelets passé? I don't see too much discussion on them here on the forum….
    What would you do?!:hugs:

2. Diamond tennis bracelets are timeless. I prefer it.

3. I'd go for the tennis bracelet. It's timeless and love the sparkle on the diamonds. I like the love bracelet but never can make the plunge due to the price it associate with a gold bangle. Then again it's Cartier so I guess it has to do more with the name (at least that's what I think so...) but whatever makes you happy then go for that.

4. Do you feel like you would get more use out of one over the other? Does one coordinate with your other jewelry more? I have a beautiful diamond tennis bracelet that I never wear and I just bought a love bracelet in the cuff style. I tend to dress very casually and I feel like my tennis bracelet was dressy and love bracelet was much more casual and suits my style more these days.

5. I agree, go for the one that makes your heart sing...I personally would go for the tennis bracelet I love the sparkle!!!

6. I would go for tennis bracelet, anything with diamond will always get my vote. unless it's love bangle with diamond then I will have a hard time choosing :smile:

7. I don't think tennis bracelets are passé, not at all! But you should think about which suits your style and that you would get more wear/pleasure out of before you make your choice. I like both pieces in theory, but I don't think I'll ever actually make the leap to a Love purely because it doesn't really suit my lifestyle - I would worry about banging it etc. However, I have a gorgeous diamond bracelet in the style of the Tiffany swing that I wear frequently - small, delicate and transitions beautifully from day to night, casual to formal.

8. DH is right, Love is overpriced for what it is.

Personally I think the Love is outdated....I was sick of it in the 70s. Shows my age.

Tennis bracelet is a classic.

9. Diamond tennis bracelet! Check out Skyqueens beauty. It is to die for! x

10. This :tup:

11. tennis bracelet!

12. Cartier love bracelet any day!

13. I would go for the love bracelet. You wear it everyday and it goes with everything you wear and all occasions. Better yet, why not get a love with the 4 diamonds?

14. I would go for the tennis bracelet.

As much as I like the love bracelet, I think it is one of those pieces where the markup on the Cartier name vs the actual weight of the gold and simple design is just too much. Plus there have been threads about the new screw system not being as secure as the old style and the suggestion is to use glue as a remedy. Really? On a piece costing several thousand?

15. I would definitely go for the diamond tennis bracelet.
    It's classic, goes well with so many things.

I think the love bracelet is a bit overpriced for what it is --you're partially paying for the name. Personally I don't mind the look of the love bracelet, but I don't love it.

The tennis bracelet would be more of a eye-catcher, more sparkle, and you'll also probably pay a more fair price if it isn't an expensive name.