Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Hi Everyone!

I'm a fan of a Cartier jewellery and am thinking of purchasing a Cartier "Love" bracelet for myself (with the help of the boyfriend). I'm just wondering if anyone who has one could tell me about how it works with everyday stuff, seeing as you're not supposed to take it off. I go running every morning and am very active - so I'm worried about sweating on it too much, or it sticking to my arm... If I ended up taking it off often, would the screw get damaged?

Thank you all!

Much Love,
C

Hey i have had one on for about 4 months now without taking it off. 1st thing is it most likely will go off in a metal detector. it isn't really an issue but just so you know that it actually does go off a lot.. 2nd. i have had it on and done a lot of exercise with it like running and swimming and it is fine. Don't worry about sweating on it because if i have gotten chlorine on it then i am sure it is fine. after a few days you forget it is there and you really don't even feel it! If you take it off i don't think it would necessarily get damaged but i think you might scratch it a lot by using the screw driver. I really recommend it, I love it!!!
also their is a whole thread on the love bracelet incase you didn't see it!

I got mine on valentines day as a gift from my DH. I didn't take it of since then, I think it will take you a few days to get used to it on your arm but I don't think you will be able to take it off and then wear it again often because it takes time to wear it ( mine took 20 minutes and that's with the help of my DH ) I hope you get yours soon and enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine

Hey, I've had mine on my wrist for 17 years.... I took it off once at Cartier for polishing
You do forget about it as Bextasy said.... and it's 18 k gold so it won't get affected by sweating or any other activity
You will love it..

I actually enjoy screwing the bracelet on and taking it off (kinda fun)! I have worn the bracelet for 3 days max without taking it off. After 2 or 3 days' break, I put it on again. I have become such an expert with the screw driver - I can screw and unscrew the bracelet in 3 minutes flat all by myself.

My only stress is my fear of losing the tiny screws - they have fallen off a couple of times while I was putting on/taking off my bracelet and it look me a long time to search for them on the floor. I also do lots of housework, and am afraid of scratching the bracelet. I have seen love bracelets with such heavy scratches that cannot be removed even after sending them back to Cartier for polishing and re-coating!

I considered the cuff too, but I much prefer the look of the bracelet. Plus the cuff only comes with one diamond, which is too few for me! LOL :smile:

Minda, thanks for your info! I'm glad that you told me that taking off and putting on the bracelet can actually save it from getting really horrible scratches.
Coldplaylover, the cuff sounds like a great idea! The only thing is that it sort of defeats the purpose of the bracelet never coming off.

Decisions, decisions.

Thanks again!

Which Cartier LOVE bracelet do you ladies prefer (no diamonds, just plain), yellow gold, rose gold or white gold?

Does anyone know why white gold is more expensive compare to yellow or rose gold Cartier LOVE bracelet?

Is size 16 the smallest size?

Thanks alot!