Cartier Love Bracelet with diamonds

Cartier1

May 3, 2018
Hi everyone,
I’m thinking of buying a Cartier Love bracelet with 10 diamonds. Is it possible to clean it under the diamonds while having it on? How do you keep your bracelet clean? Today I always take all my jewellery off when I’m at home. But with a love bracelet it’s something new...
Thank you for sharing your thoughts

I'd think the question is how to clean the bracelets at all. Still I wonder. So far I use some soap and rub each one with my fingers. After rinsing I dry them using a soft cloth. Works fine for me however when looking at my other stuff after a professional cleaning at Cartier one can do much better :confused1:

I'd think the question is how to clean the bracelets at all. Still I wonder. So far I use some soap and rub each one with my fingers. After rinsing I dry them using a soft cloth. Works fine for me however when looking at my other stuff after a professional cleaning at Cartier one can do much better :confused1:
Thank you for sharing. Do you experience the diamonds to sparkle less because of dirt/body lotion/soap under them? :shocked:

If you get a very small jewelry brush, you can push the bracelet up to the top of your wrist and reach under to clean the diamonds. Of course, it's easier and more precise if you just remove the bracelet. I only fully remove to clean once every few months so as not to damage the screws. I wear mine in the shower and that's my way of "cleaning" them. :biggrin: I also use a jewelry polishing cloth from time to time.

I wouldn't take it off 4 times a year. The less the better. With the cloth rouge be aware for the Love w diamonds. The cloth also has diamonds and might damage the *real* ones ie make them less shiny. For the regular Loves no problem at all to use them, though.

If you get a very small jewelry brush, you can push the bracelet up to the top of your wrist and reach under to clean the diamonds. Of course, it's easier and more precise if you just remove the bracelet. I only fully remove to clean once every few months so as not to damage the screws. I wear mine in the shower and that's my way of "cleaning" them. :biggrin: I also use a jewelry polishing cloth from time to time.
Thank you for your answer. I choose between one that can be opened and a Love bracelet. I always take off my jewelry at home, so I do not know if I will feel comfortable not being able to take it off when I come home:confused1::confused1::confused1:

Reactions: lulilu
My classic love does not have diamonds so I can only speak for my small loves but on these the diamonds are set only onto the top of the bracelet so there is no need to take the bracelet off to clean the diamonds from the underside. The underside of the bracelets are solid gold. I use the Cartier brush from the cleaning kit to gently clean them without having to take them off. The classic with diamonds may be different so you may need to remove it to really clean the diamonds well. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cartier1
I wouldn't take it off 4 times a year. The less the better. With the cloth rouge be aware for the Love w diamonds. The cloth also has diamonds and might damage the *real* ones ie make them less shiny. For the regular Loves no problem at all to use them, though.

What is this ‘cloth rouge’ that you are referring to - can you clarify? I’m not familiar with it.

Thanks!

Cloth rouge is a jeweler's cloth spiked with grains or powder of diamonds. It is used to polish gold - there's a separate version for silver - but takes off a tiny bit of gold. Works well on the Loves but I wouldn't want to use it over diamonds. Just don't know but can imagine the diamonds could be scratched.

Reactions: Chaton
Cloth rouge is a jeweler's cloth spiked with grains or powder of diamonds. It is used to polish gold - there's a separate version for silver - but takes off a tiny bit of gold. Works well on the Loves but I wouldn't want to use it over diamonds. Just don't know but can imagine the diamonds could be scratched.
Could you share where to purchase rouge cloth?

Just went to a local jeweler. Was 2 bucks or so. I'm sure you could order online but that's waaay more expensive:

Just found that:

Last edited:
Just went to a local jeweler. Was 2 bucks or so. Im sure you could order online but that's way more expensive:

Just found that:
Thank you!

My classic love does not have diamonds so I can only speak for my small loves but on these the diamonds are set only onto the top of the bracelet so there is no need to take the bracelet off to clean the diamonds from the underside. The underside of the bracelets are solid gold. I use the Cartier brush from the cleaning kit to gently clean them without having to take them off. The classic with diamonds may be different so you may need to remove it to really clean the diamonds well. Hope this helps!
Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: themuddylotus