Cartier LOVE Bracelet with Colored Stones

Nov 14, 2012
Lately, I've been obsessing over the Cartier Love Bracelet in pink gold with multi-colored stones.

http://www.cartier.us/collections/jewelry/collections/love/love-bracelets/b6036516-love-bracelet

However, this bracelet is still around $5k outside of my budget, and it would probably be at least another three years before I could save for it, provided that I buy absolutely no other jewelry in the meantime... I haven't found a pre-loved / pre-owned one at all on today's market, and I'm not even 100% certain what my correct size would be (my wrist is 6" at the widest point measured on the wrist bone).

So, I was wondering: Out of the $7,800. price tag... How much do you think is labor/materials and how much of that price tag is the Cartier name?

If the label doesn't matter to me, and the Cartier version isn't in my middle-class budget, do you think a local jeweler could reproduce something similar at a price within my budget? I like the overall style of the Cartier LOVE, but for me it doesn't have to be Cartier. I just want a similar design, similar size, comfortable bracelet with rainbow sapphires bezel-set into the bracelet, like Cartier has done with the LOVE. (Honestly, I've wanted a rainbow sapphire bracelet since high school, but the ones that were "fashionable" in the 90's were the rainbow sapphire tennis bracelets.)

Granted, I would absolutely LOVE a Cartier LOVE, but I doubt that this version will be around long enough for me to save up for it, and something always seems to come up, whether it be new tires for the car or a large vet bill for the dog... I'm starting to wonder if I should just look into a local jeweler to make one for me? (Of course, I couldn't use my usual jeweler because his work is usually on the expensive side of the spectrum... but you get what you pay for, I guess...)

Opinions, please?

I'm also in love with the Rainbow Love, it's really pretty! I'm still debating between this, the 10 diamond Love and the Victoria bracelet from Tiffany's.

Well, as for the costs, I think without the Cartier name it would probably cost around $2,500. You mostly pay for the brand name, unfortunately.

I'm sure a jeweller could make a similar bracelet, but I'm not sure how similar it would be to the Cartier version. Maybe it would be worth it to go to a jeweller and show him a pic? Then he could tell you what is possible and how much it would cost.

Would you want it to screw on or would you be happy for it to be hinged with a box closure?

I imagine it would cost around $2k - 2.5k for the 18k basic RG bracelet, then add in the extra cost of the stones and the work to bezel set them. Then maybe add a bit more depending on the closure!

I personally would aim for a piece that was inspired by the love, without being a copy IYKWIM?

Would you want it to screw on or would you be happy for it to be hinged with a box closure?

I imagine it would cost around $2k - 2.5k for the 18k basic RG bracelet, then add in the extra cost of the stones and the work to bezel set them. Then maybe add a bit more depending on the closure!

I personally would aim for a piece that was inspired by the love, without being a copy IYKWIM?

Oh, definitely! I agree with you about preferring an "inspired by" piece, rather than a direct copy of a designer piece.

There are a few things about the LOVE that I don't like: #1 being the fact that it screws on! I prefer to be able to put on & remove my jewelry whenever I feel like it, without the aid of a screwdriver!

What I'm really looking for is a rose gold bracelet similar to the LOVE design that closes and is secured by the 'tongue' style clasp. Honestly... I think I just like that the LOVE is a sturdy piece of jewelry in rose gold with multi-color, bezel-set stones!! I'm a sucker for rose gold and bezel-set anything!

I may even opt for 10k rose gold to drop the price a bit and save myself some money...

Would you consider a cuff style PM?

Cuff styles are on my "maybe" list? I have an odd wrist... not quite 6" and more slender than the rest of me. :giggles: I can't wear store-bought bracelets; I always have to have them shortened first. I think I've owned two cuff bracelets in my entire lifetime, and had to bend them quite a lot to make them stay on. They have the tendency to fall off of my wrists, or crack near the middle if I've bent them so that they fit.

I occasionally wear bangle bracelets (no clasp/closure) but if I can fit them over my hand, then they aren't tight enough around my wrist and move a lot on my arm.

My preference is a bracelet that secures, but I'd have a look at cuff styles, too.

Cuff styles are on my "maybe" list? I have an odd wrist... not quite 6" and more slender than the rest of me. :giggles: I can't wear store-bought bracelets; I always have to have them shortened first. I think I've owned two cuff bracelets in my entire lifetime, and had to bend them quite a lot to make them stay on. They have the tendency to fall off of my wrists, or crack near the middle if I've bent them so that they fit.

I occasionally wear bangle bracelets (no clasp/closure) but if I can fit them over my hand, then they aren't tight enough around my wrist and move a lot on my arm.

My preference is a bracelet that secures, but I'd have a look at cuff styles, too.

I will send you a PM