Cartier Love Bracelet...too much trouble??

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all!

I've been considering a love bracelet but was wondering about a few things:

- Do you shower with it?
    - Do you sleep with it on?
    - Do you find it scratches easily?
    - Is it annoying to type with (assuming you work in an office on the computer majority of the time)?
    - Any general complaints?

It's such a gorgeous piece but personally I don't really think it's worth it unless I wear it all the time. Please share your thoughts!

TIA!:tup:

2. The Love bracelet (screw on one) is meant to be worn all the time.
    - So yes to the shower and sleeping with it on.
    - Mine has fine scratches all over it, but so does most of my jewelry over time.
    - I have no problems typing with it
    - In terms of complaints, other than the price, nothing really! It took me a little while to getting used to sleeping with it on, but otherwise I like it.

3. I want one so badly!!! Such an amazing piece!

4. I have the cuff so you can remove it. Perhaps that might be a better option for you. I sometimes think I want the WG bangle that stays on all the time. But it is almost $4400 now. My friend says I should buy a replica from QVC!

5. I have had my bracelet on for just about 1 year now. I do everything with it on no problem. Mine has scratches but mainly on the bottom and not the top. I find that you can hardly see them. I put mine on my left wrist even though i am a righty so it would get banged up less! I never feel it on my wrist and it is definitely not annoying! If your going to wear it all the time i say get it!

6. I visited the WG Love tonight. It is TDF! If I had the funds, I would have purchased on the spot.

7. I don't find putting the bracelet on and off annoying, but my husband does (he has to help me)! It was however his idea that I take it off each time so that his precious gift to me won't get scratched!

8. Thanks ladies! I didn't realize there was a cuff version - I only knew of the screw one.

Hmmm - bextasy - your thought to put it on your left is a good one, except i've always put my watch on that wrist...

I think I'll have to reconsider for now. At this point $4,400 is quite a bit for a piece that I consider lovely/divine but that is essentially paying for the Cartier name...probably something to reconsider when I'm more established and married...and when DH can afford it. :graucho: although with all the price increases it'll probably be $10K or something when THAT happens! yeesh.

9. I have the wg one and it really is a lovely piece, it was a present from DH, it does have a few marks from wear, I have had it over a year and I wear it everyday and only took it off from my wedding, I forget it is there. Cartier are also able to clean it up when you need and want to. I say if you can go for it!!

10. I love mine, wear it everyday w/ no problems.

11. LilTiffany I always had my watch on that hand to but I switched it because of the bracelet.

12. amazing bracelet... I would deff get it

13. took me weeks to get use to wearing it.... felt like i was a prisoner...lol.

but i got use to . been wearing it 6 months or so. and i love it.

.... it has super ficial scratches.... but you can hardly notice them.

14. I feel exactly the same way abut hermes bags, love them so much and i COULD afford it but im soon going to be taking on a mortgage so i have to prioritize... but when i am in the financial position to afford a birkin/kelly there will be so many price increases it will seem almost a rip off, i already find it difficult ot justfity the price in perspective.

15. I just read on an old thread that the WG bracelet (no diamonds) cost $4200 in July 2008. Now it is $4450 plus tax. That is a big increase over 6 months. At this rate, it'll be over $5000 until I get it!!!!