Cartier Love Bracelet...too much trouble??

LilTiffany

O.G.
Jun 5, 2007
Hi all!

I've been considering a love bracelet but was wondering about a few things:

- Do you shower with it?
- Do you sleep with it on?
- Do you find it scratches easily?
- Is it annoying to type with (assuming you work in an office on the computer majority of the time)?
- Any general complaints?

It's such a gorgeous piece but personally I don't really think it's worth it unless I wear it all the time. Please share your thoughts!

TIA!:tup:

tweetie

O.G.
Jul 23, 2006
The Love bracelet (screw on one) is meant to be worn all the time.
- So yes to the shower and sleeping with it on.
- Mine has fine scratches all over it, but so does most of my jewelry over time.
- I have no problems typing with it
- In terms of complaints, other than the price, nothing really! It took me a little while to getting used to sleeping with it on, but otherwise I like it.

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I have the cuff so you can remove it. Perhaps that might be a better option for you. I sometimes think I want the WG bangle that stays on all the time. But it is almost $4400 now. My friend says I should buy a replica from QVC!

bextasy

<3's TPF
O.G.
Feb 28, 2007
The City
I have had my bracelet on for just about 1 year now. I do everything with it on no problem. Mine has scratches but mainly on the bottom and not the top. I find that you can hardly see them. I put mine on my left wrist even though i am a righty so it would get banged up less! I never feel it on my wrist and it is definitely not annoying! If your going to wear it all the time i say get it!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I visited the WG Love tonight. It is TDF! If I had the funds, I would have purchased on the spot.

Minda

O.G.
Sep 24, 2007
I don't find putting the bracelet on and off annoying, but my husband does (he has to help me)! It was however his idea that I take it off each time so that his precious gift to me won't get scratched!

LilTiffany

O.G.
Jun 5, 2007
Thanks ladies! I didn't realize there was a cuff version - I only knew of the screw one.

Hmmm - bextasy - your thought to put it on your left is a good one, except i've always put my watch on that wrist...

I think I'll have to reconsider for now. At this point $4,400 is quite a bit for a piece that I consider lovely/divine but that is essentially paying for the Cartier name...probably something to reconsider when I'm more established and married...and when DH can afford it. :graucho: although with all the price increases it'll probably be $10K or something when THAT happens! yeesh.

Sammyjoe

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
London UK
I have the wg one and it really is a lovely piece, it was a present from DH, it does have a few marks from wear, I have had it over a year and I wear it everyday and only took it off from my wedding, I forget it is there. Cartier are also able to clean it up when you need and want to. I say if you can go for it!!

VuittonsLover

Cartier Crazy
O.G.
Sep 11, 2007
NJ/NYC
took me weeks to get use to wearing it.... felt like i was a prisoner...lol.

but i got use to . been wearing it 6 months or so. and i love it.

.... it has super ficial scratches.... but you can hardly notice them.

naughtymanolo

FYI I am a guy
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
I think I'll have to reconsider for now. At this point $4,400 is quite a bit for a piece that I consider lovely/divine but that is essentially paying for the Cartier name...probably something to reconsider when I'm more established and married...and when DH can afford it. :graucho: although with all the price increases it'll probably be $10K or something when THAT happens! yeesh.
I feel exactly the same way abut hermes bags, love them so much and i COULD afford it but im soon going to be taking on a mortgage so i have to prioritize... but when i am in the financial position to afford a birkin/kelly there will be so many price increases it will seem almost a rip off, i already find it difficult ot justfity the price in perspective.

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I just read on an old thread that the WG bracelet (no diamonds) cost $4200 in July 2008. Now it is $4450 plus tax. That is a big increase over 6 months. At this rate, it'll be over $5000 until I get it!!!!