Cartier Love Bracelet Sizing Thread!

No, I dont plan to stack. And I didnt like the cuff design as much.

I just measured my wrists, its 15.24cm on left side and 15.8 on my right side…. I guess if I add one cm for loose fit then technically this is it?
Biggest part of my wrist (bone) is 14cm. My Love is 15. It’s snug but comfy to me.

It sounds like 17 is your textbook fit but if you can try 17 again, will be good. I don’t think you can find closure not trying 17 again :P

I just measured my wrists, its 15.24cm on left side and 15.8 on my right side…. I guess if I add one cm for loose fit then technically this is it?

Yes, if you’ll wear it on your right. 17 could work on the left hand but won’t be comfortable on the right imo. Sticky summer nights, swelling, any weight gain etc… will make the 17 feel like it’s smothering your right wrist.

Reactions: deliska
Yes, if you’ll wear it on your right. 17 could work on the left hand but won’t be comfortable on the right imo. Sticky summer nights, swelling, any weight gain etc… will make the 17 feel like it’s smothering your right wrist.
Thats what I figure too… at least with 18, I can have the choice to wear on either hand vs the 17, which will only fit (a bit snug, too) on the left…

Reactions: Swanky

My wrist is the same size as yours and I love the way my 17 fits. I also tried the 18 on in stores and my SA said “it is designed to be a fitted bracelet, not a bangle.” Mine still has a little room though, it’s not uncomfortable at all

I dont know my wrist size :sad:

I tried the 17 and it felt a bit tight and I couldn’t move it around much, only 2inches or so up and down my wrist. To go tight or loose like the pic, is my dilemma :/
"Felt a bit tight" - IMO, if it felt a bit tight in store, you'll be unhappy when you get home and actually use your hands or swell.
I think we all agree that comfort should rule the size decision. Loose vs. snug we all tend to disagree on since it's so personal.

Reactions: deliska and Sonnny
"Felt a bit tight" - IMO, if it felt a bit tight in store, you'll be unhappy when you get home and actually use your hands or swell.
I think we all agree that comfort should rule the size decision. Loose vs. snug we all tend to disagree on since it's so personal.
Agree! In store I thought I wanted the 16 but the SA advised if I will wear everyday she suggests it sits below my wrist bone or Ill get marks and be unhappy. You get used to the “loose” feeling and it just becomes a part of you. Im glad I went bigger but all personal preference

Advice please!! Does anyone here have a large wrist bone and wear their love below it (ie closer to their palm) than above it? I feel like I’ve been back and forth on size 16-17 forever! The 17 slides over my wrist bone, but is so loose and spends 90% of the time stuck up my arm like an arm cuff and I don’t love the look. I only like the look when I’m swollen/hot and it fits nicer by my wrist. Would this be improved if I added a 2nd love??
The 16, however, does not easily slide over my big wrist bone. Above it, it feels too tight, but below it there’s some decent room, I like the look a lot, but it does not slide back over the bone unless pushed. Thoughts please!! I’m starting to wonder if I should abandon the love altogether and get a VCA bracelet instead. 16 is first 2 pics, 17 is the 3rd and 4th pic.

*the marks on my arm in first pic is when I tried to push back over wrist bone lol.

IMG_9952.png

IMG_9949.jpeg

IMG_9905.jpeg

IMG_9906.jpeg

Advice please!! Does anyone here have a large wrist bone and wear their love below it (ie closer to their palm) than above it? I feel like I’ve been back and forth on size 16-17 forever! The 17 slides over my wrist bone, but is so loose and spends 90% of the time stuck up my arm like an arm cuff and I don’t love the look. I only like the look when I’m swollen/hot and it fits nicer by my wrist. Would this be improved if I added a 2nd love??
The 16, however, does not easily slide over my big wrist bone. Above it, it feels too tight, but below it there’s some decent room, I like the look a lot, but it does not slide back over the bone unless pushed. Thoughts please!! I’m starting to wonder if I should abandon the love altogether and get a VCA bracelet instead. 16 is first 2 pics, 17 is the 3rd and 4th pic.

*the marks on my arm in first pic is when I tried to push back over wrist bone lol.

View attachment 5789443

View attachment 5789444

View attachment 5789445

View attachment 5789446
I think if you’re trying really hard to find ways to make it work, and both aren’t what you’re wanting, it may be better to look for something else. Have you tried the JUC, or clash? Or the Love cuff. I’m not sure what VCA bracelet you’re looking at, but I wear a 5 motif alhambra daily, and it’s extremely comfortable. You can get it adjusted for a perfect fit, so no fit issues with that. I have a prominent wrist bone, but wear my bracelets snug, so my wrist bone has no bearing one way or the other on the size of bracelets I buy, because they don’t move around much.

Reactions: nicole0612
I think if you’re trying really hard to find ways to make it work, and both aren’t what you’re wanting, it may be better to look for something else. Have you tried the JUC, or clash? Or the Love cuff. I’m not sure what VCA bracelet you’re looking at, but I wear a 5 motif alhambra daily, and it’s extremely comfortable. You can get it adjusted for a perfect fit, so no fit issues with that. I have a prominent wrist bone, but wear my bracelets snug, so my wrist bone has no bearing one way or the other on the size of bracelets I buy, because they don’t move around much.
Thank you for your reply! I did try the JUC in a 16 and it always fell to the side - like half way around. I never tried the 15 as at the time I had the 17 love. Do you wear your bracelets above or below your wrist bone? I just tried switching the 16 to my left, non dominant hand, and it goes over my bone if I wiggle so it’s definitely a bit better. But still a little snug when ABOVE the wrist bone towards elbow (but good below). I was looking at the guilloche bracelet (also on the waitlist for the hammered). I love the idea of it being perfectly sized to my wrist. My daughter loves my love and I promised I’d keep it for her, so I guess I would end up just storing it. Curious also if stacking would make the 17 feel more snug - I’ve never tried 2 together…

*just added pics of 16 on my left non dominant wrist.

* my husband is ready to disown me over this

IMG_9955.jpeg

IMG_9956.jpeg

Thank you for your reply! I did try the JUC in a 16 and it always fell to the side - like half way around. I never tried the 15 as at the time I had the 17 love. Do you wear your bracelets above or below your wrist bone? I just tried switching the 16 to my left, non dominant hand, and it goes over my bone if I wiggle so it’s definitely a bit better. But still a little snug for me. I was looking at the guilloche bracelet (also on the waitlist for the hammered). I love the idea of it being perfectly sized to my wrist. My daughter loves my love and I promised I’d keep it for her, so I guess I would end up just storing it. Curious also if stacking would make the 17 feel more snug - I’ve never tried 2 together…

*just added pics of 16 on my left non dominant wrist.

* my husband is ready to disown me over this

View attachment 5789459

View attachment 5789460
I do think stacking would help. Especially if your 17 love was at the top of the stack. For example, if you added another love in a 16, then a JUC in a 15. But it really depends on the size and shape of your wrist/arm. It’s all personal preference too. My husband wears his watch between his wrist bone and hand. That would drive me nuts. I can’t wear anything in that space. Mine start about a half inch to an inch above the wrist bone. I had 6 links taken out of my VCA so it’s snug. It’s not tight, but snug enough where it finds its spot and stays there. I don’t stack that wrist. My other wrist has Cartier and Tiffany and it also starts around the same place. However, I know that a snug fit isn’t for everyone, and many like their bracelets loose and with movement. The love cuff is kinda in between the bracelet size. So if the 17 is a bit big in the bracelet, the 17 cuff may fit good.

Reactions: sophiekd

View attachment 5789443

View attachment 5789444

View attachment 5789445

View attachment 5789446
I really agonised between 16 and 17 although I think the 16 may have been a little snugger on me than it is on you, however I don’t have a very prominent wrist bone.

I remember thinking that I wished they would do half sizes as I felt a 16 and a half would have been perfect. I felt so conflicted about it but ultimately I went for a 17 and haven’t looked back. I’m not saying that that’s necessarily right for you but when I look back I realise that a big part of it was just getting used to it. I thought the 17 would just feel far too big but once I was used to it it just felt right. I have annoyingly put on a few lbs since then and am so glad I got the bigger size for that reason, but aside from that I do like to stack and find that my Love moves around a lot less when I do.

I think my point is that for a lot of us we do feel in between sizes and won’t find it to be a ‘perfect’ fit but once you get used to it it’s just part of you, and we do tend to over think it at the beginning. Probably not very helpful but just my thoughts. Good luck!

Reactions: deliska
I really agonised between 16 and 17 although I think the 16 may have been a little snugger on me than it is on you, however I don’t have a very prominent wrist bone.

I remember thinking that I wished they would do half sizes as I felt a 16 and a half would have been perfect. I felt so conflicted about it but ultimately I went for a 17 and haven’t looked back. I’m not saying that that’s necessarily right for you but when I look back I realise that a big part of it was just getting used to it. I thought the 17 would just feel far too big but once I was used to it it just felt right. I have annoyingly put on a few lbs since then and am so glad I got the bigger size for that reason, but aside from that I do like to stack and find that my Love moves around a lot less when I do.

I think my point is that for a lot of us we do feel in between sizes and won’t find it to be a ‘perfect’ fit but once you get used to it it’s just part of you, and we do tend to over think it at the beginning. Probably not very helpful but just my thoughts. Good luck!
That is helpful, thank you!! A 16.5 would be perfect, I so wish they would come out with the half sizes - it seems it would help so many of us!
That's good to know your 17 moves around less when stacked. I'm thinking that could be a good option. The 16 currently feels better on my left wrist - but I'm not sure I'll say the same when I get hot! It's also an adjustment as I never wear a bracelet on this wrist.
My first 17 I did have for almost 2 years and while it was comfortable, every picture I look back it's halfway up my arm like a cuff and just not my favorite look! I'm thinking if the 16 is tight, my options are either to try stacking a 17 or just keep it for my daughter and buy a guilloche bracelet instead.

That is helpful, thank you!! A 16.5 would be perfect, I so wish they would come out with the half sizes - it seems it would help so many of us!
That's good to know your 17 moves around less when stacked. I'm thinking that could be a good option. The 16 currently feels better on my left wrist - but I'm not sure I'll say the same when I get hot! It's also an adjustment as I never wear a bracelet on this wrist.
My first 17 I did have for almost 2 years and while it was comfortable, every picture I look back it's halfway up my arm like a cuff and just not my favorite look! I'm thinking if the 16 is tight, my options are either to try stacking a 17 or just keep it for my daughter and buy a guilloche bracelet instead.
I had the same problem and went with the 17. The 16 sat on my wrist bone and I was scared to be uncomfortable. I wear mine everyday though. I also didnt mind it slid up my wrist because less scratches when wearing long sleeve (at my desk). I do find myself shaking it down sometimes though. 16.5 would have been perfect!!