Cartier Love Bracelet: Interference with wrist bone?

yy0015

@y'alls!
O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
Hi all! First, let me disclaimer that I've read every single thread on this forum (and other web sources) on Cartier Love Bracelet multiple times. After all that research and after being sized at two different Cartier boutiques, I am still undecided on which size to get!

Size 16: I love this size on my small wrist! The bracelet can move up 3 inches up and down my wrist, but the problem is in my wrist bone. I have an extra knobby wrist bone, so the bracelet *just* clears the bone. (Please see below picture to see what I mean by "wrist bone.") SAs though this may (but not necessarily) cause discomfort, so I tried the...

topnews.net.nz/images/Wrist-Bone.jpg

Size 17: Definitely provides extra clearance near the wrist bone. However, I feel like it's really big on me! I think the bracelet has at least 4-5 inches of movement on my arm. I'm thinking this is way too big on me, but the Cartier SAs have recommended otherwise. I'm deathly afraid of the bracelet having TOO much movement, which may lead to additional scratches.

What do you recommend? What are your experiences with "wrist bone" interference?

I cannot see the picture and I don't have a LOVE so I am probably the wrong person to reply first, but I wondered how much room you have between the bangle and your wrist bone when the bangle is positioned over it? You said it JUST clears it. By how much? And are the edges of the bangle sharp or rounded?

@splurgeface: When the bangle is positioned over my wrist bone, I think there about 0.5 cm of clearance? I'm not exactly sure, since the SA held onto the sizer the entire time. I would have to go into Cartier a third time to get sized, haha! The edges of the Love bracelet are round.

I went with 17 for that reason. 16 was good too but it was forced when I try to move it over my wrist and it hurt. 17 gives me enough space to move it over wrist and up and down arms.

@lanasyogamama @elitebysl: Sounds like I *should* anticipate my wrist bone hurting? Size 16 doesn't actually have to be forced over my wrist bone. It's just that the clearance is not as "generous" as in Size 17.

@beachy10: At the peak wrist bone knob, my wrist is 15 cm. All surrounding areas are less. Damn that knob!!

@lanasyogamama @elitebysl: Sounds like I *should* anticipate my wrist bone hurting? Size 16 doesn't actually have to be forced over my wrist bone. It's just that the clearance is not as "generous" as in Size 17.

@beachy10: At the peak wrist bone knob, my wrist is 15 cm. All surrounding areas are less. Damn that knob!!

If 15 cm is the largest part of your wrist including the bone, you should be fine. I have a 15 cm wrist (I don't have much of a wrist bone) and have a size 17 and think it's too big. The 16 should be perfect!

yy0015~ my wrist measures 15 cm(a tiny bit over) and I have a 17 in my love bracelet.
I love the way it fits. It can go up my arm about 2.5 inches or so from my wrist bone.
I do not have a large wrist bone to speak of.......If I were you I would go with the 17
because it is going to uncomfortable if it is too tight with the 16. You will get used to it after a few days.

Good luck with your decision!

@kohl_mascara & @kimber418: Thanks for sharing your personal experiences with the Love bracelet! This is exactly the data I need to collect for my decision, haha!

@Camswife: I have only been sized with the sizer. I live near two Cartier boutiques, and the SAs from both would not allow me try the Love bracelet. They responded with a very lame: "If you tried it on, then the person who buys this won't be the first person to have worn it." Ugh.

yy0015 said:
@kohl_mascara & @kimber418: Thanks for sharing your personal experiences with the Love bracelet! This is exactly the data I need to collect for my decision, haha!

@Camswife: I have only been sized with the sizer. I live near two Cartier boutiques, and the SAs from both would not allow me try the Love bracelet. They responded with a very lame: "If you tried it on, then the person who buys this won't be the first person to have worn it." Ugh.

I think that your Cartier store should at least have "floor samples" for customers to try. Both of the stores i went to used the sizers but also let me try the actual bracelets. My experience is that the sizers felt very different than the actual bracelets. To me, the sizers felt much looser than the actual bracelets. So if you are concerned that a size 16 sizer was a bit snug, the actual size 16 bracelet may feel even smaller.

I think that your Cartier store should at least have "floor samples" for customers to try. Both of the stores i went to used the sizers but also let me try the actual bracelets. My experience is that the sizers felt very different than the actual bracelets. To me, the sizers felt much looser than the actual bracelets. So if you are concerned that a size 16 sizer was a bit snug, the actual size 16 bracelet may feel even smaller.

I agree. The sizers are thinner than the actual Loves so I think the sizer 16 felt larger than the 16 I ended up getting. For what it's worth, for the first few weeks I thought my bracelet was too small and uncomfortable. It would stick up on my (popeye) forearm. However, now I don't even notice it. I think if I had a bigger size, it would just get stuck up higher on on my forearm. In my line of work, I cannot have the bracelet flopping at the base of my thumb, so I needed a smaller size. I think it takes a while to get used to the straight edge of the bracelet.
Good luck in your decision. It's a very personal type choice.

Wow. I do NOT like that the SA's said that to you. I would ask to speak to the manager, and explain that you need to try on a 16 and a 17 because of your issue with your wrist bone. It's not like you are going to try on Love bracelets all day; you just need to know which one will fit you best.
I go to the Cartier in San Francisco, and they let my SO try on actual love bracelets because he was trying to decide between a yg or a rg.
I hope that you get better service with the manager!