Cartier Love bracelet fail!

Aligp56

O.G.
Aug 3, 2011
Hi Everyone, I'm so sad, a few weeks ago, before the holidays, I went to the nearest Cartier boutique to look at the Love bracelets. I wanted the cuff in YG. The SA fitted me for a size 16, but didn't have any in stock.

So about a week or so ago I called, she did a search and said there was only one size 16 YG cuff in the US and would have to order it in. To be fair, she fitted me for the regular bracelet, not the cuff, I was told they fit differently.

I went to the boutique today all set to come home with my Love bracelet, tried it on and the 16 was too small!

They had one 17 in stock, but that was being held for someone else. I was told that was also the only one in the US!

They put me on a list, didn't know how long it would take for mine to come in, could be 2 weeks, could be 6 months!
In the meantime, what if there is a price increase? That's the reason I wanted to get it now, didn't want to pay anymore.
Oh well, sorry for being so long winded, just wanted to vent! Has anyone else ever run into this problem? Allison

Aligp56 said:
Hi Everyone, I'm so sad, a few weeks ago, before the holidays, I went to the nearest Cartier boutique to look at the Love bracelets. I wanted the cuff in YG. The SA fitted me for a size 16, but didn't have any in stock.

So about a week or so ago I called, she did a search and said there was only one size 16 YG cuff in the US and would have to order it in. To be fair, she fitted me for the regular bracelet, not the cuff, I was told they fit differently.

I went to the boutique today all set to come home with my Love bracelet, tried it on and the 16 was too small!

They had one 17 in stock, but that was being held for someone else. I was told that was also the only one in the US!

They put me on a list, didn't know how long it would take for mine to come in, could be 2 weeks, could be 6 months!
In the meantime, what if there is a price increase? That's the reason I wanted to get it now, didn't want to pay anymore.
Oh well, sorry for being so long winded, just wanted to vent! Has anyone else ever run into this problem? Allison

When I tried on the cuff..I didn't put it on at the wrist, it was a bit lower down my forearm..that's where I could insert it. Otherwise it would seem too small...but it wasn't! Not sure if i am making sense..

Thanks for feeling my pain! LOL! I was told that because of the holidays they were in short supply, but still.....
My regular SA was not in today, I'll call her tomorrow to see what's up with the price increase.
When I tried the 16 on, it was really tight! I have a small wrist, so I was really surprised at how tight it was! It made a mark on my wrist.

Also, I just called Cartier, they said I could order it through the 800 # and would have it in about 2 weeks.
Does anyone know if there are other companies that make comparable bracelets? I wouldn't mind just a plain gold cuff, doesn't have to be Cartier! Thanks, Allison

I know that if you put down a deposit, you lock in the current price at your deposit. That's what the SA offered me before the last price increase since they didn't have any in stock. Good luck!

Sorry to read this, Aligp56.:hugs: I'm not sure if getting an alternative a good idea to replace your Cartier because you might still be thinking of Cartier again.

Major fail for me today too :sad: went in with SO and he wanted to separate payment with 2 cards and couldn't cuz they said they wanted ID and wouldn't take the provisional licence. So put deposit down and gona be goin back tomorrow again. So frustrated!