Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Thinking of picking up a white gold love to stack with my yellow gold love and juc - should I get wg with 4 Diamonds or just plain? Pros/cons?

My other hand has the Cartier ballon bleu in silver, hence my obsession with adding a white gold love!

Thoughts please! TIA

Thinking of picking up a white gold love to stack with my yellow gold love and juc - should I get wg with 4 Diamonds or just plain? Pros/cons?

My other hand has the Cartier ballon bleu in silver, hence my obsession with adding a white gold love!

Thoughts please! TIA

My regular and small Loves are with diamonds, no cons imo!
The price difference is pretty great however, so lots of people aren’t willing to spend that much more for low key bling.

• Love
Reactions: luvednotspoiled
Hello! What are people’s thoughts on mixing metals? I’m generally a yellow gold person, but have since been adding a few rose gold pieces from Hermes since they don’t have much yellow gold. I have a ring in rose gold and a bracelet. I’m trying to figure out what color love I should get and leaning yellow gold. Is it strange to stack a yellow gold and rose gold bracelet? Thank you all!!

Hello! What are people’s thoughts on mixing metals? I’m generally a yellow gold person, but have since been adding a few rose gold pieces from Hermes since they don’t have much yellow gold. I have a ring in rose gold and a bracelet. I’m trying to figure out what color love I should get and leaning yellow gold. Is it strange to stack a yellow gold and rose gold bracelet? Thank you all!!
A lot of people love mixing metal.
And I personally don’t think there is a template on mixing metal. Mix any so long visually it’s pleasing to you.

I am also a YG person for many years. Now I’m totally more open to PG and WG. When there’s diamonds, I feel they shine better in WG follow by PG.

A lot of people love mixing metal.
And I personally don’t think there is a template on mixing metal. Mix any so long visually it’s pleasing to you.

I am also a YG person for many years. Now I’m totally more open to PG and WG. When there’s diamonds, I feel they shine better in WG follow by PG.
Thank you! This is very helpful in my decision making.

Thoughts please! TIA
Get the one with diamonds.
My love cuff is with one diamond. Most may think it may not be worth to pay the $ jump for that one tiny bling (more $ for your case with 4). Some may think the diamond effect is not that big deal for that amount more. But then I can totally see and “feel” my one tiny 0.0xx carat! So to me, that’s all matters :tup:

• Love

I think if you open most threads in here, people are mixing metals!

Thoughts please! TIA
I am returning a 4 diamond love, I mostly did not like how it looked with my plain Love but I was totally underwhelmed by the diamonds. I think the greater than 50% increase on the 4 diamond is not worth it for me, but you may feel differently.
I may be wrong about this - but I thought with wg there are differences between the plain and 4 diamond in terms of rhodium plating / no plating? If this is true I would perhaps be swayed to the 4 diamond to have the rhodium plating. I think it looks better in the long run, but again that's just my opinion.

• Insightful
My regular Love is YG and my small Love is RG. I love the two together. I think it adds a nice contrast. I've always loved RG so when it was time to buy the small Love, I didn't want to get another YG.

Hi! Can anyone with the hinge type opening (small Love, pavé Loves) speak to how well the hinge /screw mechanism holds up when worn in rotation? As in wearing on the weekends only. I know it's not designed for this and I'm curious if anyone has had issues.

Last edited:
Hi! Can anyone with the hinge type opening (small Love, pavé Loves) speak to how well the hinge /screw mechanism holds up when worn in rotation? As in wearing on the weekends only. I know it's not designed for this and I'm curious if anyone has had issues.
Sm love pave almost a decade old.
Used to belong to my aunt who at least changed out once or twice a month or even more. Since I had it, changed out weekly or more. No issue so far.

Reactions: sleepydoc.
I have a regular love RG bracelet for over a decade now. I have worn it in rotation, mostly from left to right wrist. No issues so far. Recently, I have not been swapping it out… just too much effort to do it frequently. So unless I am going to a pool/beach, international travel or sketchy areas, I just leave it on my wrist.

Until Saturday, I was not aware that the regular Love bracelet without diamonds is not finished with Rhodium so has a more grey-ish colour. Fortunately, my lovely SA explained this to me on Saturday and I finally went with the one with 4 diamonds and the JUC with diamond head also in WG. The "basic" Love did not match the colour of the JUC at all and apparently with age this will worsen. She said, although it's much more money that needs to be invested in the Love with 4 diamonds compared to the one w/out diamonds, in the WG she always always would go with the first. Especially if being bought and worn by a woman. Maybe this is of interest for other members investigating in a WG stack

Reactions: MsKaren
Until Saturday, I was not aware that the regular Love bracelet without diamonds is not finished with Rhodium so has a more grey-ish colour. Fortunately, my lovely SA explained this to me on Saturday and I finally went with the one with 4 diamonds and the JUC with diamond head also in WG. The "basic" Love did not match the colour of the JUC at all and apparently with age this will worsen. She said, although it's much more money that needs to be invested in the Love with 4 diamonds compared to the one w/out diamonds, in the WG she always always would go with the first. Especially if being bought and worn by a woman. Maybe this is of interest for other members investigating in a WG stack
You can have the regular white gold love rhodium plated by Cartier. It will look just as white and shiny as the white gold with diamonds.
Rhodium plated pieces are going to need more upkeep. The one big negative is you can’t ever polish this type of jewelry without also doing rhodium plating again.
So there are many things to consider.
I think the Cartier white pieces with diamonds are the most overpriced BUT beautiful gold jewelry. Really glistens.