Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Got the first really noticable scratch on my Love bracelet recently! I'm actually quite happy about it; it makes me feel like the bracelet really is "mine" :tup:
View attachment 5056609
Oh no! I remember I got my first scratch when leaning my wrist on the edge of my MacBook Air (why are the edges so sharp?!) but it’s what makes my bracelet my own and it’s taking a lot of bumps without looking too bad.

Does anyone know if the Cartier polishing service removes a layer of gold? I’m talking about the service where they put some cream on it followed by the ultrasonic machine.

I know the deep polishing service (another type of service offered by Cartier) definitely does remove a layer of gold, but am interested in knowing how the 1st light touch one works.
I don’t believe it does. It doesn’t remove the scratches, it just cleans the bracelet and makes the scratches less visible especially in the period following the service (the scratches tend to reappear) but I still highly recommend it, it does revive the piece beautifully!

I’m wanting to purchase a plain white gold love in classic size. I know some people have posted here they were able to get it rhodium plated for a price. I called the local boutique and the main customer service number and they both told me it can’t be done. Can anyone give some pointers on how they were able to get it done or maybe it’s a recent change in store policy?? :sad::sad: Would appreciate any input!

Reactions: YEANETT
I’m wanting to purchase a plain white gold love in classic size. I know some people have posted here they were able to get it rhodium plated for a price. I called the local boutique and the main customer service number and they both told me it can’t be done. Can anyone give some pointers on how they were able to get it done or maybe it’s a recent change in store policy?? :sad::sad: Would appreciate any input!
I think it might be a recent change in policy… I remember a couple years ago I was eyeing a white gold love bracelet and my SA told me she could get it rhodium plated for me to make it more shiny and bright. When I brought it up again a few weeks ago she said they can’t do it. I have no idea why or what’s changed… too bad!

Reactions: YEANETT and Chopan
I think it might be a recent change in policy… I remember a couple years ago I was eyeing a white gold love bracelet and my SA told me she could get it rhodium plated for me to make it more shiny and bright. When I brought it up again a few weeks ago she said they can’t do it. I have no idea why or what’s changed… too bad!

I purchased my love (slim WG love bracelet with 6 diamonds) in 2020. At the time, my SA told me Cartier only offers rhodium plating for the love bracelets with diamonds on them. Honestly, I don't know if it was a sales pitch or not, and I planned on getting the one with diamonds anyway. I think she said rhodium plating is approx. CAD $200-$300 (can't remember exactly, I was too excited putting on my new bracelet).

Reactions: Chopan
I purchased my love (slim WG love bracelet with 6 diamonds) in 2020. At the time, my SA told me Cartier only offers rhodium plating for the love bracelets with diamonds on them. Honestly, I don't know if it was a sales pitch or not, and I planned on getting the one with diamonds anyway. I think she said rhodium plating is approx. CAD $200-$300 (can't remember exactly, I was too excited putting on my new bracelet).

I find this interesting since the WG diamond pieces already come rhodium plated so I wonder why they would offer it up front on a brand new bracelet?

I find this interesting since the WG diamond pieces already come rhodium plated so I wonder why they would offer it up front on a brand new bracelet?

Oh, sorry for the confusion. What I meant was, the SA said that in the future, I could request to get my diamond love bracelet rhodium plated by Cartier. However, they would not offer this service to a non-diamond love bracelet. Hope this makes sense.

I think this is true.. I spoke with 2 different boutiques today and the customer service number provided on the web. They pretty much said rhodium plating is only for diamond versions of the bracelet unfortunately.

Caught them in action :nuts:

Still no idea why and how that happens

This has happened to me too. When the bracelets are worn loose and they are just at the right angle, this can happen.

It would not happen on a tighter fit. However, I don’t like the tight fit.

Does this just happen to your small and classic (that’s the combo I have & it’s happened)?

Has this happened with your two classics before? If I remember correctly, I think it also happens with the classics. I recall reading that a user, who has two classics, stated her two bracelets switch places as well.

Last edited:
This has happened to me too. When the bracelets are worn loose and they are just at the right angle, this can happen.

It would not happen on a tighter fit. However, I don’t like the tight fit.

Does this just happen to your small and classic (that’s the combo I have & it’s happened)?

Has this happened with your two classics before? If I remember correctly, I think it also happens with the classics. I recall reading that a user, who has two classics, stated her two bracelets switch places as well.
Chaton, My wife who wears hers on the loose side has this problem often. On the other hand mine are on the tight side and I've never had it happen.

Nooooooooo, it's not a *problem* just an interesting thing to watch. The only issue I have is the panic when I don't see one on its place as I fear losing a bracelet. One btw is back @cartier for exchanging to the newest locking mechanism. Will report here if asked for. Crazy feeling with only 6 instead of the 7.

Good question which ones change their places. I would assume it's more likely on the sm.