Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Hi Love owners,

I have been wearing my classic yellow gold Love for a few months now. And like all of you, I love my love! It's such a simple, yet classic and elegant piece that goes with everything! I have noticed some new scratches lately. I know, I know, scratches are unavoidable and they will happen with a piece meant to be worn 24/7. I also don't believe in babying a piece...you're supposed to live with it, which means there will be scratches when I play with my cat, just like there are scratches on my arms. As my SA would say, a Love bracelet is supposed to be a "second skin". With that said, it still hurts to see new scratches every time. :sad: I've been wondering: Would it be worth to "coat" the Love Bracelet with a clear coat specific for jewelry to prevent scratches? Or would it damage the piece? What would be the long-term effect? I came across this product called Liquid-Shield, which is supposed to be a nanocoating technology that is safe on jewelry. But at the same time, the love is different in the sense that we wear it 24/7, sleep, shower, etc in it. Would such coating eventually peel? How can it be removed? Anyway, here is the product. Curious to hear your thoughts!

https://www.liquidshield.co/

i wouldn’t trust it until they can point to several peer reviewed studies that back up their claims. There isn’t a lot of info on the site which raises many question marks to me. Great in theory though!

Hello tpf'ers!

I have a question. I was with my friend and her mother yesterday. I noticed that her mother was wearing a cartier love bracelet. I am pretty sure it's vintage because it looked like platinum with gold screws. Ive been wanting the love bracelet for a long time but just couldn't get over the too yellowy gold and rosy gold. But when i saw my friends mom wearing this bracelet, it looked si chique but not 'in your face' chique. I was wondering if this style is discontinued? Because i just can't seem to find it anywhere else on the cartier website.
I hope someone can help! Thanks very much

Ps: the picture attached is the only one i could find of it...

Attachments

• Cartier-Bracelet-Gold-Screws7.jpg
    Cartier-Bracelet-Gold-Screws7.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: GaMomJRM
Hi everyone! I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm doing it here. I have a regular WG love and have worn it for 3 years non stop. It has the new screw and I never had issues with the screw loosening. Pre-pandemic, I stack it with my other bracelets (regular JUC, tennis bracelet, hermes Kelly, CDC, etc). I only had to tighten it for maybe 5 times in the last 3 years.
Last month I bought a RG love 4 diamond to stack with it. Ever since I stacked them, both of them loosened regularly! I had to tighten both of them every other day or so.
Both of them are the same size - 16. I also lost a lot of weight so they sit on my wrists now. Please help what to do? Thank you!! :heart:

I just purchased a Cartier love bracelet in white gold... I would love to wear it on my left wrist with my Apple Watch... will the Apple Watch scratch the bracelet? I see a lot of discussion about the watch getting scratched (uhm, don’t care), I want to make sure the constant contact between the watch and the bracelet will not damage the bracelet.... Help?

I just purchased a Cartier love bracelet in white gold... I would love to wear it on my left wrist with my Apple Watch... will the Apple Watch scratch the bracelet? I see a lot of discussion about the watch getting scratched (uhm, don’t care), I want to make sure the constant contact between the watch and the bracelet will not damage the bracelet.... Help?
This is not exactly an answer to your question since I wear the bracelet by itself. For me, less is more and find that the LOVE is more striking when worn alone. But I also dig the stacking that people do...to each their own. With that said, I am learning that the bracelet will scratch no matter what...it's painful, yes, but it's called living. I didn't have many scratches when I was working remotely, but now that I am back in the office, I have noticed several new scratches...when at work, you are tending to, well, work, instead of staring at a shiny bracelet on your wrist all day.:lol: And that's when the scratches happen...when you're not thinking about it. And babying a piece of jewelry is no way to live, so part of the journey is accepting that the love bracelet WILL get scratched.

Does anyone know if the Cartier polishing service removes a layer of gold? I’m talking about the service where they put some cream on it followed by the ultrasonic machine.

I know the deep polishing service (another type of service offered by Cartier) definitely does remove a layer of gold, but am interested in knowing how the 1st light touch one works.

Reactions: YEANETT
Hi everyone, sorry to bother. A bit off topic but I hope you guys could help me in making my decision slightly. I am currently wearing a size 19 4 diamonds YG Love. And I was going to get a size 18 plain WG JUC for my birthday soon. I just wonder if anyone has a picture of the combination of this stack. Also would a plain YG JUC look better or WG JUC? I am a guy by the way.

Hi everyone, sorry to bother. A bit off topic but I hope you guys could help me in making my decision slightly. I am currently wearing a size 19 4 diamonds YG Love. And I was going to get a size 18 plain WG JUC for my birthday soon. I just wonder if anyone has a picture of the combination of this stack. Also would a plain YG JUC look better or WG JUC? I am a guy by the way.
I personally love a WG JUC on a guy. I would go for that. Have fun with your decision!

Reactions: Chopan and range18