Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

I've had mine since January (RG, new screw system) and my screws are still tight, no loosening at all. I've had to take it off twice, once for engraving and once for a medical thing and when I've screwed it back on both times the screws haven't moved. I do screw it on very tight though, putting a lot of pressure on the screws. I would not use Loc-tite, no way!

I have two Love Bracelets: WG 4 diamond old screw system and RG 4 diamond new system. The new system kept loosening every two, three weeks. I went to my boutique several times with this problem. The SA said that loosening happens sometimes when you wear two bracelets stacked, because of the clanking. She recommended loctite glue, but I don't want to GLUE a bracelet which had costed me so much $$$$ !!!
Well to cut a long story short: I got a new one (great customer service) and no problems anymore since then...

NEVER have had any issues with the OLD system! HTH

Is there a reason why people don't like the loc-tite? My boutique always recommends it.

I have a 5 year old Love with old style screws and a new one with new system and never had problems with them loosening. But if I did, I wouldn't have a problem using Loctite. Several of the boutiques use it, and many very high end watch brands use it to keep the screws that attach their bracelet links together from loosening.

I have two Love Bracelets: WG 4 diamond old screw system and RG 4 diamond new system. The new system kept loosening every two, three weeks. I went to my boutique several times with this problem. The SA said that loosening happens sometimes when you wear two bracelets stacked, because of the clanking. She recommended loctite glue, but I don't want to GLUE a bracelet which had costed me so much $$$$ !!!
Well to cut a long story short: I got a new one (great customer service) and no problems anymore since then...

May I ask what boutique you were helped at? The one in NJ is a nightmare when it comes to issues!

I got a WG 4 diamond bracelet about three weeks ago (8/7) and have had problems with my screws coming loose almost daily. I do not wear it stacked, just alone. I had it on the left arm the first week and now it's on my right arm. The sales girl placed it on the first week and my husband switched it for me and did it very tight, so I'm concerned. I fear losing it!!

I wear two stacked also, one old system, one new. The old system is rock solid, yes, but I have had no problems since the manager gave my new one a good crank in the spring. Before that, I had to tighten it daily, and trust me, I was super annoyed. But that manager at the boutique in Caesar's in Vegas was such a doll and so nice -- I've really done a 180 on my opinion of the new screw system.

As for my aversion to Loc-tite, it's totally psychological! I don't want to HAVE to put glue on a $5k bracelet. ;)

I finally stopped beating around the bush and got myself the damn thing! I've been tracking the price for the past two years and kicking myself each time the price goes up. Lately it's been haunting my thoughts (this thread certainly did not help hah) so I bit the bullet. :cool:

Attachments

• bracelet.jpg
    bracelet.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,400
I finally stopped beating around the bush and got myself the damn thing! I've been tracking the price for the past two years and kicking myself each time the price goes up. Lately it's been haunting my thoughts (this thread certainly did not help hah) so I bit the bullet. :cool:

congrats!!! looks beautiful on you! I hope to join the club soon also :smile:

Congrats on finally buying one, it looks great on you.