Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

I've decided to get my second love before the price increase (first is YG), but am torn between getting another YG (love how Kourney Kardashian wears hers) or a RG.

If I had unlimited funds I would definitely get the diamond YG, but that's just not possible right now. I have always favored the YG over the RG, but would 2 YG be too boring?

please help me decide! Thank you!!!:smile:

I think 2 YG would look awesome together! I personally love the way Kourtneys look! Pleas let us know what you decide! :smile:

Thank you for your response!! :smile: I did see your reveal!! Looks gorgeous! I ended up picking mine up yesterday!! I opted for a size up because I live in Hawaii and it's very humid, so I'm afraid of the bracelet sticking to my arm. I can't stop looking at my bracelet and I'm sure you feel the same! :smile: congratulations on your purchase!! Yay us!!!

Congratulations on yours and thank you...off to see your reveal now.....:smile:

Thank you for your response!! :smile: I did see your reveal!! Looks gorgeous! I ended up picking mine up yesterday!! I opted for a size up because I live in Hawaii and it's very humid, so I'm afraid of the bracelet sticking to my arm. I can't stop looking at my bracelet and I'm sure you feel the same! :smile: congratulations on your purchase!! Yay us!!!

I live in Hawaii too!! Are you on Oahu? Which cartier did you go to? And which love did you purchase?? Sorry to bombard you with questions...

Thanks for the input! I will probably go in to cartier this weekend and try both on and just decide.

Any TPFers who got a second love - did you have your first polished to "match" the shininess of your new love? My YG love is about 3 yrs old, and it definitely has a patina and a few deeper scratches. I am planning to stack them together, so I wonder if it would look really strange to have one that is super shiny and new and one that has been very loved (abused) lol.

Thanks for the input! I will probably go in to cartier this weekend and try both on and just decide.

Any TPFers who got a second love - did you have your first polished to "match" the shininess of your new love? My YG love is about 3 yrs old, and it definitely has a patina and a few deeper scratches. I am planning to stack them together, so I wonder if it would look really strange to have one that is super shiny and new and one that has been very loved (abused) lol.

Hello, I would not get it polished. One of the customer care ppl have told me that it is not recomended to have the bracelets polished more than 3 times in its life time.

Which brings me to a question: I had a problem bc my two size 17 love bracelets were not matching in size. I brought them in and they sent them out and had them polished instead of doing anything. I never authorized them being polished and hate that they did that bc I don't ever get my gold polished bc I don't see a point to it. Would you complain and make a big deal about it if u were me? The newer bracelet was only 4 months old and sooo shouldn't have been polished! :sad:

Yay, how exciting! I wanted a tighter fit so I got size 16... When I tried on the 17 it was a little too loose for my liking. What size did you get? And how does it fit?

I ended up with the 17. The SA recommended the 16, but for some reason I kept leaning towards the 17 because I liked the way it fell. I've been wearing it for the day now and am starting to question my choice! :| since I've already worn it I don't think there's anything I can do about it now. But hopefully it's just a matter of getting used to it on my arm. Idk, what do you think? They probably wouldn't let me exchange it right? Lol oh man, I think I just need reassurance that I made the right choice!

I ended up with the 17. The SA recommended the 16, but for some reason I kept leaning towards the 17 because I liked the way it fell. I've been wearing it for the day now and am starting to question my choice! :| since I've already worn it I don't think there's anything I can do about it now. But hopefully it's just a matter of getting used to it on my arm. Idk, what do you think? They probably wouldn't let me exchange it right? Lol oh man, I think I just need reassurance that I made the right choice!

If you like the way the 17 fell initially then I would stick with your initial instincts! I'm sure you just have to get used to it! And I have no idea how strict cartier's exchange policy is...

The SA that helped me recommended I get size 17 at first but when I tried it on, it just felt way too big for my liking (I'm actually not much of a bangle person... I have a hawaiian bracelet that I used to wear years ago and after trying it on recently, I knew I wanted my love bracelet to be more fitted)

Do you have pictures of your bracelet on? I'd love to see!!!

Hello, I would not get it polished. One of the customer care ppl have told me that it is not recomended to have the bracelets polished more than 3 times in its life time.

Which brings me to a question: I had a problem bc my two size 17 love bracelets were not matching in size. I brought them in and they sent them out and had them polished instead of doing anything. I never authorized them being polished and hate that they did that bc I don't ever get my gold polished bc I don't see a point to it. Would you complain and make a big deal about it if u were me? The newer bracelet was only 4 months old and sooo shouldn't have been polished! :sad:

Oh no that's terrible! They shouldn't polish it without your authorization and only after 4 months? That would really bug me. I would go straight to the manager and complain. Just explain your situation to the manager.

Can you post pics? At this point it would come down to selling the 17 to a consignor or estate jeweler, and then getting the 16.

I can sympathize, this is such a forever decision and it is impossible to tell what will be comfortable all day, every day just by trying it for a minute in the boutique.

After years of wanting and looking at all the beautiful loves, I finally have my very own--17 yellow gold bracelet! Just have to wait 2 weeks for the engraving. The SA at short hills mall--Michael was super nice! He suggested getting it engraved now so I would not have to part with it in the future. He also confirmed that there will be a price increase at the end of the month.