Cartier Love Bracelet and Airport Security

Shocked, mine never sets it off there!
Mine usually sets it off at DFW. Occasionally, they'll have me pull it away from my wrist and put my arms in front of me and it works. Once I tried it without being told at another airport and pissed off the TSA agent. She made me go back through normally and it set off the alarm. I guess she was having a bad day. lol

i just came back fr Frankfurt, at the airport during body scan, it triggered the warning, so I told them must be my 2 loves bracelets, they said NOPE, they know that, it’s my boots - but it’s a timberland chelsea boots w/o any metal! So they scanned the boots again thru the X-ray machine n found nothing. So it’s still a mystery what‘s triggered the body scan machine - system glitch ?

Not airport but ferry terminal. (Takes just an hour to travel by ferry to Clubmed Bintan).

My bracelets triggered the alarm. The officer was sure it’s my bracelet and let me passed (I’m guessing they ain’t as strict as airport’s).

Reactions: ang3line
Just traveled through Cairo and Berlin, set the scanners off at both (2 loves and a mini-linked chain love). Both resulted in patdowns as usual but nobody made a fuss. Have never been asked to take them off but I've only not set off the scanners like twice around the world lol

I am traveling (US) and used the finger behind the love bracelet trick on my first flight. It worked. Now I am at my destination and went through departure security and was told twice by TSA not to put my fingers under my bracelet because it messes up the security scan. (Yet they didn’t even check to see if I had a boarding pass…)

So the finger trick seems to work if you can get away with it! They didn’t rescan me but followed me through security to tell me a second time not to do that.

I just went to Cancun and had no problem at Love Field, Dallas. I did set off the scanner on the return after their agent told me not to do the fingers under the bracelet move. They did a quick body scan and it wasn't a big deal. I am finding my travels are getting a lot easier.

I am traveling (US) and used the finger behind the love bracelet trick on my first flight. It worked. Now I am at my destination and went through departure security and was told twice by TSA not to put my fingers under my bracelet because it messes up the security scan. (Yet they didn’t even check to see if I had a boarding pass…)

So the finger trick seems to work if you can get away with it! They didn’t rescan me but followed me through security to tell me a second time not to do that.
Hi, could you please explain the finger trick?

Pardon my ignorance.
What makes the trigger goes off? The sheer amount of gold/metal of the Love bracelet? I used to travel with very thin bracelet/rings and it didn’t beep.

I’m travelling to LA end year; I might leave the Love at home if it’s gonna cause issue.