Cartier Love Bracelet and Airport Security

from personal experience, mine have not set of the airport security alarms. I have a RG cuff on my right arm and a WG bangle on the left arm. i have travelled domestically and internationally with both of them on a few times and have yet to set off an alarm.
On one occassion, a security guard told me to take them off even before i got to the gate and i told him that one of them doesnt come off at all. So, with all my jewellery on, i went straight through the gate without incident.

though some have experienced otherwise. i wonder why? Are they made differently depending on where and what year they were made? different batches?

The L shape method doesn't work for me, I travel a lot for work and I try to walk through security holding my arm in that position, but the alarm has gone off every single time. Maybe I'm doing it wrong..

In Chicago airport security had me go thru three times telling me to wave my arm really fast thru the detector as I moved thru it. Third time was the charm and I got thru without setting off alarms. *At first when I set it off I held up my wrist to show her and she said "That's one of those bracelets you lock on, right.". I shook my head yes with a big smile. Clearly the TSA is aware of this item in security:smile:

Greentea said:
Just got back from JFK and the new scanners are so sensitive that even a thin wire gold bangle and a silver Tiffany bangle set it off.

Yes I really believe not it depends on the individual scanner and how sensitive it is. Or if the scanner is working properly.

Sent from my iPad 64GB from where I am now.

I'm sitting at Newark airport now and just went through security. I'm wearing the yellow gold and it didn't go off. Very easy. :smile:

I will update after going through West Palm Beach!

xoIBC said:
I'm sitting at Newark airport now and just went through security. I'm wearing the yellow gold and it didn't go off. Very easy. :smile:

I will update after going through West Palm Beach!

Could be the scanner.

Sent from my iPad 64GB from where I am now.

I don't understand how it could set off security if it's solid gold?! I never have to take off jewelry although I havent traveled with the loves yet but I dont see a reason why it would cause any issue.

its a very pretty bracelet. I wonder if you explain to the TSA agent that it wont come off they can just scan you with the wand and see that it is in fact the bracelet setting the alarm off? maybe it would be less of a problem then

I was in fort lauderdale last week n I beeped n the tsa lady was like "oh it's one of those Chanel bracelet things that don't come off huh"..I just agreed n didn't even correct her.. :smile: