Cartier Love bangleRG or YG

Jewels980

Sep 26, 2020
Hi, I’ve just had my first Cartier small love bracelet. I plan on wearing it alone, alongside my silver coloured watch.
The day we bought it I initially planned on white gold to match my silver and platinum jewellery but in reality they were not a great match.
So I decided mismatch would be better for me. I spent about 30 minutes trying to decided on YG or RG. I think I wanted to prefer the yellow as IMO it’s the classic and I was concerned the RG would be a ‘trend’ but on my skin the RG looked better and went well with my rings.

The bracelet was put away until my birthday and now I have it I keep looking at the yg on pictures and thinking that was a better choice.... all my handbag headwear and buttons / zips on coats are yellow gold and i like that they would’ve matched.

Im too far away to visit the store and I’ve worn It now but I just wondered if other people had panic regrets at first and now are happy with their choice?

The RG looks so much more copper that I remember in store. I kinda thought it was buttery which I loved whereas the YG was so bright on my pale skin it was not so flattering.

I would love to see your RG bracelets and see if they fade to that colour and just hear your stories to put my mind at rest I’m not the only one doubting my choice x

Last edited:
Reactions: Namwan-
I'm a big fan of yellow gold, but I did remember experiencing panic when I walked away with my YG small pave love, and wondering for the next few weeks whether I made the right choice. I did make the right choice. I think RG is pretty, but yikes I don't think I'd like it as much in a few years.

Enjoy your purchase!

Reactions: uhpharm01
Hi! So on my first trip to buy my small love I ONLY considered YG as I also thought well it’s classic that’s the one to get. A couple weeks later my best friend came over and I noticed her two reg size love bracelets were different colors and fell in love with PG. I never even considered it before. Next time I went in for a try on I tried the PG and LOVED IT on my skin!!! It’s so funny bc if she hadn’t come over I probably would have gone with YG!

I think you should pick whichever looks good on you. I have the RG free love and still prefer YG hardware on my bags, etc. and wear a mix of YG and RG in my ears. I wouldn’t worry about matching hardware on a bag. As long as your wrist is in harmony and looks good then keep it since that’s what you look at everyday. Or buy a YG ring if you’re down to mix metals!

I think you can’t go wrong, personally. Cartier rose gold is pretty subtle compared to other brands. I have a love in both colors and I sometimes just stare at the rose gold admiring how beautiful it is.
How does it look with your skin tone? Often people choose based on that alone.

Thank you... The rose gold looked better against my skin tone I think. I don’t know why I’m doubting myself. I think it’s because it’s such a big purchase. The SA preferred the RG too. My DH the yellow but he’s a big YG fan.

Maybe it’s because I own no RG that I’m questioning my choice. Perhaps I need the matching ring one day lol...

Last edited:
Hi! So on my first trip to buy my small love I ONLY considered YG as I also thought well it’s classic that’s the one to get. A couple weeks later my best friend came over and I noticed her two reg size love bracelets were different colors and fell in love with PG. I never even considered it before. Next time I went in for a try on I tried the PG and LOVED IT on my skin!!! It’s so funny bc if she hadn’t come over I probably would have gone with YG!

I think you should pick whichever looks good on you. I have the RG free love and still prefer YG hardware on my bags, etc. and wear a mix of YG and RG in my ears. I wouldn’t worry about matching hardware on a bag. As long as your wrist is in harmony and looks good then keep it since that’s what you look at everyday. Or buy a YG ring if you’re down to mix metals!

Thank you... The Cartier RG certainly is like no other I’ve ever seen xx

Reactions: GucciGoneWild
Thank you... The rose gold looked better against my skin tone I think. I don’t know why I’m doubting myself. I think it’s because it’s such a big purchase. The SA preferred the RG too. My DH the yellow but he’s a big YG fan.

Maybe it’s because I own no RG that I’m questioning my choice. Perhaps I need the matching ring one day lol...

View attachment 4859761

ohh I think it looks great! I think it’s normal to second guess a big purchase. I still second guess if I should have gotten a love with diamonds.
I think there can be more than one right answer. A yellow gold love is beautiful and you’d probably be very happy with it, but the same can be true for the rose gold. I think that’s actually how the Cartier addiction begins :love:

Reactions: Jewels980
Did you take pictures of the YG when you tried it on? Whenever I start to doubt I just look at the pictures I took and then say oh yes RG was the way to go.

I didn’t but what a good idea this would have been! I’m outside of the return period too as we bought it the month before my birthday so I’m actually stressing over something I can’t change either.

What is it about expensive purchases that make us second guess ourselves?!..... xx

I didn’t but what a good idea this would have been! I’m outside of the return period too as we bought it the month before my birthday so I’m actually stressing over something I can’t change either.

What is it about expensive purchases that make us second guess ourselves?!..... xx
Awww I see. It sounds like you like it though! I would keep it and if it bothers you down the line sell it or add the YG! It creates some nice dimension. Honestly I love mine and smile at it everyday even though that sounds silly :lol:

I have a Love in RG and a JUC in YG. The Cartier RG is gorgeous imo. It definitely fades a little bit over time. When I bought my love last year it was more coppery than it is now. I was just in Cartier today trying on the small love in RG and I could see the difference between a brand new one and mine. I think you made the right choice!