Cartier Love Bangle Bracelet vs. Cuff

I think it depends on what you like about the original bracelet. If you like the iconic, bolder style, the cuff is closer to that. What I’ve always loved about the bracelet is the idea of it being locked on, so I went with the thin (I also much prefer the full bangle look).

I think I would’ve purchased the original bangle if it were as easy to put on/take off as the thin, but I really love the thin. I’m strongly considering getting a second one!

Reactions: NY2LA and KSweet101
Thank you all for your replies! I’m stilll not sure, lol. Might be leaning toward the cuff but-I know, it would definitely help to go into the store and try them on...maybe I can try to get away from work later this week. I don’t know why I’m so obsessed with this bracelet.
You have cartier bug:nuts:it' ok go with cuff. What ever style you chose stay with that for stacking in the future .always. Good idea stay with same style :flowers:

Reactions: NY2LA and rainypop
You have cartier bug:nuts:it' ok go with cuff. What ever style you chose stay with that for stacking in the future .always. Good idea stay with same style :flowers:

Ha! you’re right, I do have the bug! :nuts: It’s an expensive bug though :biggrin:

Such great opinions...which is making my decision harder, LOL. Looks like it’s definitely going to take a trip to the boutique. Be prepared for me to come back asking for more opinions but with pictures :smile:

Reactions: Julezah
I had a huge obsession before going into the store over the bracelet or the cuff, I was convinced the bracelet was not for me due to my lifestyle (lots of travel and exercise). But then in the store, I didn't like the way the cuff looked on my arm as it's a bit more oval. The thin is very delicate compared to the classic. I think you'll know in store what you prefer...but I hear the thin is easier to stack than the cuff, if you ever wanted a classic love (or another bangle).

Reactions: NY2LA
I’d go to the store and see which one you like. When I was looking at the love a couple years ago I didn’t think the classic would work at all for me because of my lifestyle so I only looked at the cuff. The thin bangle wasn’t an option.

The cuff is pretty but if your wrist is round rather than oval or between sizes it will not sit well or be too tight or big. I bought a cuff and it wound up too tight during the summer. I looked at the thin love but didn’t like it. Personally I found it too thin and went well only if you had the classic not by itself unless you’re really delicate.

I wound up with the classic love. However I must tell you I’m on the fence about this bracelet after a year. It is beautiful and love it on me like 80% of the time but twenty percent of the time it annoys me. It’s annoying that I can’t take it off unless I go into a boutique. I know you can take it off by yourself but my sa said it’s best to have her do it. These aren’t meant to come off and on because it can damage the screws.

For now it’s going to stay on but I think I would have been better off buying the perlee or a bangle from Hermes.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Reactions: YummyLuxe and NY2LA
I had a huge obsession before going into the store over the bracelet or the cuff, I was convinced the bracelet was not for me due to my lifestyle (lots of travel and exercise). But then in the store, I didn't like the way the cuff looked on my arm as it's a bit more oval. The thin is very delicate compared to the classic. I think you'll know in store what you prefer...but I hear the thin is easier to stack than the cuff, if you ever wanted a classic love (or another bangle).

I’d go to the store and see which one you like. When I was looking at the love a couple years ago I didn’t think the classic would work at all for me because of my lifestyle so I only looked at the cuff. The thin bangle wasn’t an option.

The cuff is pretty but if your wrist is round rather than oval or between sizes it will not sit well or be too tight or big. I bought a cuff and it wound up too tight during the summer. I looked at the thin love but didn’t like it. Personally I found it too thin and went well only if you had the classic not by itself unless you’re really delicate.

I wound up with the classic love. However I must tell you I’m on the fence about this bracelet after a year. It is beautiful and love it on me like 80% of the time but twenty percent of the time it annoys me. It’s annoying that I can’t take it off unless I go into a boutique. I know you can take it off by yourself but my sa said it’s best to have her do it. These aren’t meant to come off and on because it can damage the screws.

For now it’s going to stay on but I think I would have been better off buying the perlee or a bangle from Hermes.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Good points and I absolutely will be heading into the store now to see. I didn’t even think about factoring in my wrist shape. Makes perfect sense!

Ooh... I was looking at the Perlee too...

I thought I could make it in this afternoon but work got pretty busy (Mondays...) so maybe later this week.

This is SUCH a great, informative group.
Thank you :heart:

Reactions: kate2828 and mrsdjx
I vote cuff, especially if this would be your first. The thin love is a very different look - daintier and honestly the screw motifs are much less visible. The thin is more for stacking or if you prefer a daintier look. The cuff is much more true to the original style and persona of the classic. Good luck and let us know what you choose!

i think it depends on your wrist shape too! some people love the fit of the cuff, some people do not feel it fits them correctly...i think if your wrist shape works with the cuff, you get the look of the love bangle without the price and with the ease of taking it on and off easily...but if not, i think the thin bangle is the way to go :smile: just my opinion though ;)

Reactions: YummyLuxe
I bought the cuff in October (YG with one diamond) and couldn't be happier with my purchase. I too cannot wear anything 24/7. The thin is too thin in my opinion and only looks good stacked with the classic. Personally I love how the cuff looks and feels. It's so comfortable and I can take it off every night. Good luck!

Reactions: kate2828
Hi. I too went for the cuff because I love the convenience of taking out the cuff at night yet getting the full love bracelet look
It does take some practice to put the cuff on , in the boutique the SA was trying to help me wear the cuff and it kind of hurts. I bought it anyway.
Youtube has a good video on how to put on a cuff (a darling in the forum has posted the link). It’s my 2nd day and I had no problem putting it on. Pain free too :smile:

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

Sorry for so many pictures! I’m finally ready to pull the trigger and purchase my first love bracelet. However, I am torn between the thinner love bracelet and the love cuff. My husband likes the look of the thinner love and I kind of agree with him (shocking, I know!). He made a good point that I will never wear the bracelet on it’s own. I love the look of stacked bracelets and will more than likely wear it stacked with my tennis bracelet on my right hand as I wear my Apple Watch and David Yurman bracelets on my left hand. Additionally, I can’t decide between rose gold and yellow gold! I’m so torn and appreciate all advice.
8D21C135-DC7F-4494-A54A-19F8AB1B3B4A.jpeg F54DC912-B345-4909-B733-5C0A9A44BB55.jpeg 37CB4C04-026A-4173-8566-F7626BF641F4.jpeg 695CAB58-35ED-4310-AD8A-82B34CD2243C.jpeg

Pretty much no one will tell you to go with the small version because for some reason everyone thinks it's "too thin" and you can't see the screws on it. I think you'd have to be blind to miss the screw detail and it's beautiful worn alone, but it's all about personal preference and what is right for you. I don't think the small love bracelet is too thin at all, its wider than your tennis bracelet and much of the jewelry that people on here like and wear, but that's unfortunately primarily what you will see here.

To add: I have the yellow gold small love bracelet version and I love it dearly.