Cartier Juste un clou - is it too obvious or flashy?

sarachryan

O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I want a bracelet to wear 24/7 - probably with my tank francaise or some other slim bracelets. It’s important for me to have something 100% reliable in terms of staying on and not falling off and I generally like the feel and heft of solid gold.
That said I think the original JUC on my 15/15.5 cm wrists could look too big. Where I work I simply can’t have anything too flashy or in your face. It just won’t suit. In fact I’m liable to pretend it’s a fake!! So because of that I was leaning towards the JUC slim on the basis it would be more discreet etc.
Anyone have any advice on whether the original JUC would look big and flashy on Jg wrist? is that a good reason to go for the slim version?

Hi. I don’t have a JUC but on pictures I usually like the classic one better. I feel the thin looks too fragile and not substantial enough, especially on its own. I feel the same about the thin love. I have both a classic and thin love that I wear together but I wouldn’t wear the thin alone. On the other hand the classic alone looks gorgeous and has enough presence. That being said, for people who know Cartier, both the thin and regular JUC will be recognizable. So getting the thin just fir the sake of making it look more discreet doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. My advise would be to try both on in the boutique, and chose the one that looks better on your wrist and makes you feel happy. Also get what you think you will use and enjoy for many years You might not be in the same job and situation in a couple of years while your bracelet will still be with you! good luck and please show us pics of what you chose :smile:

That makes a lot of sense about people knowing the thin and the original!! I don't know why I didn't think of that.
I can't try on unfortunately so have to buy online. I won't be changing jobs for 20 years hopefully!

Neither of you think original is too much anyway.
I wonder is the original comfortable to sleep in etc

That's good to know. I've been wanting a JUC for over 6 years. I was close to getting the plain JUC YG and decided - I can't as I want the diamond version. It looks edgey and feminine.

Do you wear your JUC w/dia with casual outfits - like jeans, t-shirts, etc.?

I've been wearing a YG JUC with diamonds for the last year and I've never had anyone even notice it. I don't find it flashy at all.

That makes a lot of sense about people knowing the thin and the original!! I don't know why I didn't think of that.
I can't try on unfortunately so have to buy online. I won't be changing jobs for 20 years hopefully!

Neither of you think original is too much anyway.
I wonder is the original comfortable to sleep in etc

I have the regular JUC and regular Love bracelet for 3 years now and I wear both stacked on a daily basis. Even together I don't think they're overly flashy and really people only notice them if they recognize the brand.

In terms of sleep I used to be able to sleep with both on but during this last year I sensed myself starting to notice the JUC more/being more uncomfortable with it on during sleep, so I take it off every night now and only sleep with the love bracelet on (very comfortable due to it being flat).

Reactions: sarachryan
At this point, I think the JUC is as recognizable as the Love. I even had a Cartier associate admit as much all while wearing a full size JUC with diamonds as her everyday bracelet.

In my opinion, the only way to fly under the radar (but not completely) is to go with the small version. It literally smaller so it’s harder to notice and more discreet, but I wouldn’t dupe yourself into thinking it’ll be a secret.

If you really want discreet, I would do with VCA and a non-Alhambra line. Or maybe Bulgari.

The full size JUC is not as confortable as the Love. Not the best to sleep in. I love the look of the thin w diamonds but i am scared it will get caught on something and bend :S