Cartier Juste un Clou collection

lanasyogamama

What time is it?
O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
Well, as promised, I checked out the Juste un Clou collection yesterday in NYC. Apparently it's a HUGE success, in that there was very little inventory left!

I have to admit, soon after I saw the initial pics, I really thought that it would look great stacked with a Love.

My Mom had mentioned she'd like to get me something, so I was hoping for a baby trinity bracelet. My Mom is funny in that if she likes something, she will get it for me despite the cost, but if she doesn't like it.... forget it.

So, long story short, she didn't like the baby trinity at all, I think she just didn't 'get' the silk cord thing, but she LOVED the Just un Clou on me. She is so wonderful and generous, I really can't describe it. I got a Pink Gold, Size 16. The SA said the 16 in this is like a 17 in a Love. My Love is a 17, YG.

So, the fun thing we did after the purchase (:love::love::love::love::love:) is visit the exhibit upstairs about Cartier and Aldo Cipullo upstairs. They had Elizabeth Taylors Love bracelet, the original Just Un Clou mold, and all these amazing quotes about the collection. One I really liked from Aldo said something like "My jewelry is meant to be touched and warn all the time, despite what clothes..."

So, it was a great day, I am in love with my bracelet, and I can't wait to see more pics on this thread!!

Attachments

• juste3.jpg
    juste3.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 30,298
  • juste4.jpg
    juste4.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 26,983
Reactions: Grande Latte
Very nice, can I ask what size it is? I know the largest is 18 cm.
My store is getting it in for me, but I think I might get another love instead!
I thought it was going to be a bit larger. How is the weight compaired to love?
I think you need another one to stack. LOL.

It's a 16, the SA said that a 16 in the Just would fit like a 17 in a Love.

You wear it so well, the pics I saw in a magazine doesn't entice me. You have a wonderful mom.

Thanks nvie, I really do have the best Mom.

Lovely! How does it work? Does it screw on?

Not a screw, it's like you have to push down on one side and up on the other to take it off. I love the 24x7 nature of it, it is very secure, I kept asking about that.

Congrats!!! Looks amazing on you!, did you tried the ring on?

Thanks! I did see the ring, but I didn't wasn't allowed to take a pic. It didn't wow me, but I kind of already had the bracelet in my head as my focus of obsession.

The SA said the collection was almost sold out nationwide, and had only started being sold on Friday in 6 boutiques!

sjunky, I realize I didn't answer your other questions.

It does have nice weight, but definitely not quite as substantial as the Love.

Another one??!! You cray cray!

I just tried the bangle and the ring in the store! (SA was trying to talk me into it!) Had a hard time leaving without it!

Looks gorgeous stacked...congrats!

Quick question: I was wondering if the "open" end of the nail would catch on things, or does it taper enough not to?

Yes! It looks great on you!:nuts: I must check it at the store!
Congratulations!:biggrin:

Thanks!

I just tried the bangle and the ring in the store! (SA was trying to talk me into it!) Had a hard time leaving without it!

Looks gorgeous stacked...congrats!

Quick question: I was wondering if the "open" end of the nail would catch on things, or does it taper enough not to?

The SA told me it was designed not to. I've only been wearing it 2 days, but hasn't gotten caught yet. I think the oval vs. round design helps keep it pretty streamlined.

Omg you got it!! Yay mom!! It's so awesome, so it's a 24/7 kind of bracelet like your Love? It looks so perfect and edgy sophisticated stacked. Oh you lucky girl! That's the kind of bracelet that puts a little swagger in your step..:graucho:

sjunky, I realize I didn't answer your other questions.

It does have nice weight, but definitely not quite as substantial as the Love.

Another one??!! You cray cray!
I AM cray, lol!. My sa said you sould have 3 on at a time. Nice way to sell 3 bracelets. :P Haha.
Did you get to see the pave nail head?
I wish they made a size in between the real large and this one.

Enjoy your gift, that was very nice of your mom. :smile: