Juste Un Clou Bracelet (JUC) Discussion

Hi ladies! I just got my third Cartier piece and first JUC in yellow gold size 15 . I’m so excited! (I have a WG and YG love bracelet in size 16). I wore it for the first time today and although so gorgeous it was kind of uncomfortable. It left a mark on my hand as it kept sliding past my wrist.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? What did you do? Any solutions? I did turn it around head side down and it helped a little but still a little uncomfortable. Maybe I just need to get used to it?

Would love any suggestions!
I wear mine like yours. I think it’s something you just get used to.

Reactions: Kindness3
Hi ladies! I just got my third Cartier piece and first JUC in yellow gold size 15 . I’m so excited! (I have a WG and YG love bracelet in size 16). I wore it for the first time today and although so gorgeous it was kind of uncomfortable. It left a mark on my hand as it kept sliding past my wrist.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? What did you do? Any solutions? I did turn it around head side down and it helped a little but still a little uncomfortable. Maybe I just need to get used to it?

Judging from this picture, the sizing looks fine on you so I’m thinking you’re probably in the process of adjusting to the bracelet. My JUC is a size 15 as well and all of the SAs in the store agreed that size 15 was my correct JUC size. The nail head definitely digs in sometimes when the bracelet slides all the way past my wrist down to my hand. I think it’s because the bracelet is quite oval and so it’s going to be a bit less comfortable than a round bracelet (depending of course on the shape of your wrist). Also, if you look at the nail head, it kind of protrudes slightly below where the locking mechanism is so the bottom half of the nail head is sitting directly on your hand. I hope that makes sense. You’ll probably get used to it in no time.

It looks to me like the right size. I would Go any bigger as that nail head will just slide further down your hand. You probably need to get use to the weight. When it starts to bother you switch the position to the top of your stack going towards your arm (vs hand). With the nail head touching the loves so that it doesn’t slide over. I do That sometimes.

How do your love bracelets fit? Are they on the snug side or do they fit just right? Could you post a photo with how your loves fit ?

OK. I've caught the JUC bug.

Usually I'm a very feminine, girly-girly type of girl. All my jewelry is very feminine. But this bad ass JUC design has got my heart singing.

Here's my dilemma. I have TOO many platinum tennis diamond bracelets. A gold Rolex, several Cartier watches (silver colored and yellow colored), and several Chanel watches (J12 with diamonds and Premiere). I'd LOVE to build a gold collection, but currently my jewels are all silver colored based and I really want a JUC in yellow gold because in my strange opinion, the white gold color just makes the nail even more "nail" looking!!! And that could be menacing looking.

But would it be too weird? Like it wouldn't go with most of my existing collection? Or it doesn't matter?

Additionally on the JUC, I think the more diamonds it has, the more feminine looking it gets. US$11,800 for a few diamonds, or US$40,400 for all the pave diamonds? The all-diamond piece is the price of a car! But I get this nagging feeling that if I don't save for it, I might regret the US$11,800 purchase.

What are your thoughts? I just turned 40, is JUC something I can wear for life?
I know this is an older post, but I see the ‘I only have ‘white’ metal jewelry and am afraid/don’t know how to incorporate other metals, but would love to!’ all the time, so I would like to chime in, since I combine all metals from head to toe.
My tip is start adding things in different metal colors you like that have anything ‘white’ in it: whether is a steel/yellow gold watch or a diamonds/rose gold bracelet. As you start adding more pieces you’ll see how they start to blend together. Next thing you know, you’ll start to buy what you like, in whatever color you think it’s best for that piece, not having to worry about matching anything else because they all work together. After that you can mix them with solid pieces of yellow or rose gold to break it up and you’re done. If you like matchy matchy, please look away lol ;)

So we’re not off topic, here’s my WG double Clou with a WG Serpenti I wouldn’t mind giving a home to someday :biggrin:

Attachments

• BA486433-009B-4CF5-BF35-3CA875C2DD77.jpeg
    BA486433-009B-4CF5-BF35-3CA875C2DD77.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,374
Thank you, Aimee3!
I went to visit a friend from Bulgari. When I told him I had just tried the WG slim Love pavè, he showed me the Serpenti. It’s absolutely stunning!!

I think the serpentine is in a league of its own. It’s just beautiful all by itself.
I remember several years ago my husband was watching tv and they were showing the stars at the Cannes festival. He really couldn’t care less about jewelry but somebody (I forgot who) was wearing the serpenti necklace and he called me to come see this fabulous necklace. He was absolutely shocked when I took one look and immediately identified it as the Bulgari Serpenti!

Reactions: NOIRetMoi
I think the serpentine is in a league of its own. It’s just beautiful all by itself.
I remember several years ago my husband was watching tv and they were showing the stars at the Cannes festival. He really couldn’t care less about jewelry but somebody (I forgot who) was wearing the serpenti necklace and he called me to come see this fabulous necklace. He was absolutely shocked when I took one look and immediately identified it as the Bulgari Serpenti!
Lucky you your hubby has great taste in jewelry! :yahoo:
It is on a league of its own!
Many of the serpentis are, from the 5 coil watches to the mystery watch/bracelets that started it all.

Mine left marks on my wrists. I sized up two sizes so that it would move around more easily without leaving a mark. I wish they were round vs. oval. Mine is so big that I can almost twist it around my arm without having to adjust it. The SAs always recommend to go smaller but that wasn't comfortable for me. You do get used to the head of the nail occasionally leaving a mark when the bracelet is in a particular position.
Thank you for your input!

Reactions: lilndc and L etoile
It looks to me like the right size. I would Go any bigger as that nail head will just slide further down your hand. You probably need to get use to the weight. When it starts to bother you switch the position to the top of your stack going towards your arm (vs hand). With the nail head touching the loves so that it doesn’t slide over. I do That sometimes.

How do your love bracelets fit? Are they on the snug side or do they fit just right? Could you post a photo with how your loves fit ?
I left my LOVES with Cartier for repair/polish. I was technically suppose to go in to drop off my wg bracelet because I lost the screw (the first and only time!) and had the JUC on my mind.

My husband told me to get it as my push present for my son so I just splurged! I figured I would have the gold one polished since I had to drop off my other and this way they will all match (at least until the scratches happen). I’m a little nervous since it will be the second time for my WG and they really don’t recommend it but when else will I get them polished? And especially for free! I’ll post pics as soon as I get them back! Hopefully by next week I think!

Reactions: kristinjade
Ladies, I am not sure it’s the right thread to post here but I just won an auction on eBay bidding on Juste in Clou bracelet size 15 in yellow gold. And wanted to make sure it’s authentic before I pay for it. I already posted it in “authenticate this” thread but haven’t heard back. Is there any other way to authenticate the item? The only thing I was thinking if I pay for it, receive it, I can take it to a reputable pawn shop as if I want to sell it and ask how much they would give me money for it. I think they would tell me if it’s authwntic or not. Since Cartier doesn’t authenticate things purchased on eBay. What do you think ladies?

Reactions: minnime03
Ladies, I am not sure it’s the right thread to post here but I just won an auction on eBay bidding on Juste in Clou bracelet size 15 in yellow gold. And wanted to make sure it’s authentic before I pay for it. I already posted it in “authenticate this” thread but haven’t heard back. Is there any other way to authenticate the item? The only thing I was thinking if I pay for it, receive it, I can take it to a reputable pawn shop as if I want to sell it and ask how much they would give me money for it. I think they would tell me if it’s authwntic or not. Since Cartier doesn’t authenticate things purchased on eBay. What do you think ladies?
Maybe too late to say this, but you should have had it authenticated before bidding on it. It’s a small price for your peace of mind. You should probably pay for an authenticator as soon as you receive it, in case it’s fake and you need to open a dispute against the seller.
I don’t know how many people who shop at Cartier pawn their things, so that wouldn’t be my first stop. I would go to a jewelry store that sells 2nd hand high end watches and jewelry instead, including Cartier.

Maybe too late to say this, but you should have had it authenticated before bidding on it. It’s a small price for your peace of mind. You should probably pay for an authenticator as soon as you receive it, in case it’s fake and you need to open a dispute against the seller.
I don’t know how many people who shop at Cartier pawn their things, so that wouldn’t be my first stop. I would go to a jewelry store that sells 2nd hand high end watches and jewelry instead, including Cartier.
You are so right!! :sad:(( I should have done it before bidding on it:sad:(((... so you just recomend I buy it, go to a store that sells high end and luxury pieces and ask them to authenticate it for me for a fee?

You are so right!! :sad:(( I should have done it before bidding on it:sad:(((... so you just recomend I buy it, go to a store that sells high end and luxury pieces and ask them to authenticate it for me for a fee?
You bought one of the top faked things, together with Birkins, Kellys, etc.
I would try to talk to the seller and tell him that you will buy it, but for your peace of mind, you would like to get it authenticated by someone else. If the item is authentic, he’ll not bat an eyelash and will try to make it right in case it ends up being fake (people make mistakes). If he knows it’s fake, his reaction will be very defensive.
I think this will be your first clue whether it’s a legit piece or not. An honest seller/business won’t tarnish their reputation over 1 bracelet.

You bought one of the top faked things, together with Birkins, Kellys, etc.
I would try to talk to the seller and tell him that you will buy it, but for your peace of mind, you would like to get it authenticated by someone else. If the item is authentic, he’ll not bat an eyelash and will try to make it right in case it ends up being fake (people make mistakes). If he knows it’s fake, his reaction will be very defensive.
I think this will be your first clue whether it’s a legit piece or not. An honest seller/business won’t tarnish their reputation over 1 bracelet.
I found someone in my area who sells
High end jewelry and they would authentic it for me for a fee if I bring it in. I guess I will write to a seller and say that I need a peace of mind and It will be authenticated by someone else and in case it’s not authentic I will return it ( the seller has a return policy 14 days).