Cartier @ JFK Airport (Duty Free?)

jkhuu623

O.G.
Aug 22, 2009
Hi Everyone! I'm traveling through JFK to go to Jamaica in January. Is it possible for me to pick up a JUC duty/tax free in the Terminal 1 store?

Does anyone know the stock and availability of their bracelets?

TIA!

Hi are you American? It's been a couple of years since I was there, but when they were retailing for $6600, JFK had them for $6300 without tax. It wasn't "duty free", but just a flat rate for everyone. If I had to guess then I would ASSUME they would be somewhere around $6000, but I don't know for sure.

Hi!

Yes you can! As long as you're on an international ticket leaving the country, the prices there are less and tax free. I actually emailed the store (you can find the info on the cartier website) and they'll even let you pay and have a piece transferred in for pickup when you travel :smile:

Reactions: uhpharm01
Hi are you American? It's been a couple of years since I was there, but when they were retailing for $6600, JFK had them for $6300 without tax. It wasn't "duty free", but just a flat rate for everyone. If I had to guess then I would ASSUME they would be somewhere around $6000, but I don't know for sure.

Hi!

Yes you can! As long as you're on an international ticket leaving the country, the prices there are less and tax free. I actually emailed the store (you can find the info on the cartier website) and they'll even let you pay and have a piece transferred in for pickup when you travel :smile:

Thank you both for the info! I'm going to give the store a call right now! I'm American.

It sounds like you get a discount and you don't have to pay taxes! What a deal!

Just called them! They said since I'm not flying out of Terminal 1 that I will not be able to go shop there? Is there any truth to that?

When I fly out of other airports they always let me shop in other terminals...

JUC 18k yellow gold is $6485! What a bargain! I wish I held out on getting my Love bracelet!

Reactions: susanq and Mali_
Just called them! They said since I'm not flying out of Terminal 1 that I will not be able to go shop there? Is there any truth to that?

When I fly out of other airports they always let me shop in other terminals...

JUC 18k yellow gold is $6485! What a bargain! I wish I held out on getting my Love bracelet!

Yes, it's true. I was going to mention that on this thread earlier and forgot to post.

JFK is a weird airport in that there is no traveling between terminals on the post-security side. You have to re-enter through TSA each time you go to a terminal, so they only let you into the terminal you have a boarding pass for.

Yes ^^

Cartier is located post security in terminal 1 meaning you cannot shop there unless you are flying from that terminal with a valid boarding pass. You can only travel between terminals pre-security, in which case there are no duty free shops there. Bummer!

Reactions: uhpharm01 and Mali_
Hi!

Is this still true for 2019? Thank you