Cartier for a wedding anniversary: LOVE Bracelet of Ballon Bleu Midsize??? I'm torn!

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
If you ladies had to choose 1, what would you get???

Cartier Steel Ballon Bleu (Quartz, I don't like Auto) in Midsize - $4600 or so....

tamara-ecclestone-and-cartier-ballon-bleu-watch-gallery.png

Imagine this in all steel! :smile:

ballon-bleu-de-cartier-watches-large-medium-small.jpg

OR

Rose or Yellow (I have a Rose gold Love Ring, what should I get?) Love Bracelet $4XXX I think, not sure.

accab60081963ygm.jpg

If you have the love ring already then I say get the love bracelet. You could get the rose gold love bracelet to match. Also having your husband lock the bracelet on your wrist is perfect for your wedding anniversary. Good luck on your decision... I think either way you go is good lol

I'm leaning towards the watch too since it seems to put that $4000+ to better use! But then again, I think I'm kinda pulled into the romanticism of the Love bracelet too. However, $4000+ for that much (little) gold is SO expensive to me - it's pretty much ALL BRANDING/MARKETING.

Another thing is, I just purchased an Omega Aqua Terra for myself less than a year ago, it feels like I haven't worn it enough to warrant another new watch. However, this Omega is 30mm, so it's smaller and more lady-like. I feel that the Ballon is more sporty and larger. Perhaps I can alternate?

And lastly, this one feels worse, my DH has been wearing a broken Oris watch for years (its been running 20 minutes fast for over 6 months)! He won't buy himself a new one and says, "I don't want a new watch, I'll just wind it to the correct time!", so I feel GUILTY if he spends that much on me when he should get himself a watch before thinking about getting one for me - I have a perfectly less than 1 year old watch afterall.

What do you think ladies? Should I be sensible and convince DH to get himself something, or let him do this thing and get something for me?

Or we could just save our money! Man, I'm kinda all sorts of torn now just really thinking about this.

Last edited:
Wow....your DH is a sweet guy. Mine is the same way....although he LOVES watches, he doesn't wear any other jewelry & believes that a woman should wear the jewels and show them off.

But when it comes to watches......

Personally, if it were me, I'd get HIM something. But not too $$$ so there's enough left over for a little something for you! ;)

Oh I didn't forget DH, I already have something for him - searched high and low for it so he will be very pleased! :smile:

I guess I just feel guilty partly because A) It's a HUGE amount of money to me and B) I'm currently not working as we're abroad right now because DH is on an expat contract in China. Just to let you guys know, I didn't select these 2 gifts, DH and I wear browsing for fun and I tried these on and he loved them both on me - and of course I loved it too.

Man, if I was working (I can't work right now because of immigration reasons)...I think I will feel LESS guilty in him spending so much money. At least I know, I can contribute to other daily expenses, kwim?

SIGH. Gift giving/getting gets a little hard when you're a stay at home wife / student.

I suggest the Love bracelet because the price goes up like crazy! If I didn't buy mine ( wg bangle & rg cuff) 18 months ago, I'd never be able to get them in the future. And you already have a beautiful watch. I have the ss automatic medium ballon also. But I don't get as much wear out of it as the Love bracelets. Good luck with your decision.

I was deciding between the Love Bracelet and a watch last year. For me, I went for the bracelet because it spoke to me more, and I've never been a committed watch wearer. Another factor for me was the cost to maintain a high end watch, the servicing is NOT cheap.