Cartier engagement ring question

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi girls, my friend told me cartier sell the engagement ring settng, u can buy it and buy the stone from other source...is this true?

2. i have never heard of cartier selling a standalone semi-mount without an accompanying center stone. the closest thing i know of is a friend who had the stones from a cartier ring re-set into a new, identical setting due to damage to the old setting

3. Cartier does offer a service where they will set your stone in one of their settings. I've seen it advertised in a few bridal magazines. The impression I get from the ads and some brochures I saw in the store is that it's for exceptional stones (size/quality) or high quality heirloom stones. It does not seem that they will just sell you a setting, rather they will work with you to set your stone in one of their mounts.

4. ^that does actually ring a faint bell - good to know they are open to working with exceptional stones not of Cartier provenance! (^(oo)^)v

5. Good to know thanks girls

6. :woot: