Cartier Earrings Thread

I just picked up two of the single love studs to wear as an everyday pair. the larger size at 7.5mm looked more statement-ey on me.

View attachment 5611395
just an update and maybe this will offer some insight for anyone considering the single love studs as a pair for a primary piercing.

I ended up exchanging these for the regular love studs. 1: the screw-ball post was tiny, cumbersome, and I was afraid I’d lose it trying to put them on/off. 2: they didn't sit snugly on my ears as the post was too long. 3: at 6mm to 7.2mm makes a difference in shine. 4: the gold is more bright/shiny yellow on the 7.2mm. 5: the 7.2mm feels slightly weighted so I know they are on and don't have to keep checking.

left is 7.2mm
right is 6mm

170B7068-9CCA-4808-A124-C61324777929.jpeg

just an update and maybe this will offer some insight for anyone considering the single love studs as a pair for a primary piercing.

I ended up exchanging these for the regular love studs. 1: the screw-ball post was tiny, cumbersome, and I was afraid I’d lose it trying to put them on/off. 2: they didn't sit snugly on my ears as the post was too long. 3: at 6mm to 7.2mm makes a difference in shine. 4: the gold is more bright/shiny yellow on the 7.2mm. 5: the 7.2mm feels slightly weighted so I know they are on and don't have to keep checking.

left is 7.2mm
right is 6mm

View attachment 5644469
The screw-ball post is truly a nightmare! I like the idea in theory, but my issue was that the ball didn’t screw all the way to the back of the ear…so mine fell forward a little bit, too. However, for me and my ears/piercings, the 7.2mm were too big, and I preferred the 6mm singles.

Instead of exchanging or returning, I had my earrings sent off to have the backs changed. It is complimentary service, as listed on the website. I had mine changed to a butterfly/push-back, and I’ve never been happier! (https://www.cartier.com/en-ca/jewelry-adjust-repair.html)

The 7.2mm look awesome on you! If my piercings weren’t so close together, I likely would have gone with the 7.2mm - especially because I would have preferred the rose gold.

Enjoy!

E4E0622F-065D-483A-A135-ABF48A1F2945.jpeg

The screw-ball post is truly a nightmare! I like the idea in theory, but my issue was that the ball didn’t screw all the way to the back of the ear…so mine fell forward a little bit, too. However, for me and my ears/piercings, the 7.2mm were too big, and I preferred the 6mm singles.

Instead of exchanging or returning, I had my earrings sent off to have the backs changed. It is complimentary service, as listed on the website. I had mine changed to a butterfly/push-back, and I’ve never been happier! (https://www.cartier.com/en-ca/jewelry-adjust-repair.html)

The 7.2mm look awesome on you! If my piercings weren’t so close together, I likely would have gone with the 7.2mm - especially because I would have preferred the rose gold.

Enjoy!

View attachment 5644495
rose gold is stunning. my SA said its becoming more and more in demand so they are receiving more pieces in rose gold.

Reactions: Chanello_ShopGirl

Enjoy!

View attachment 5644495

Thank you so much for that information. I had no idea they offered that service as complimentary. I have those earrings and seldom wear them. Trying to line up the post with that tiny hole in the ball is so frustrating. Definitely going to take them in to get changed.

Reactions: september1985
Thank you so much for that information. I had no idea they offered that service as complimentary. I have those earrings and seldom wear them. Trying to line up the post with that tiny hole in the ball is so frustrating. Definitely going to take them in to get changed.
No problem! Make sure you show the SAs the online info about the service being complimentary. When I brought my earrings into the boutique, they were completely unaware that the service was free. I was told my earrings could be sent off (for free) to the workshop for an assessment, and then before doing any work, I would be sent an invoice. At first, I was sent an astronomical bill! They wanted to charge me almost the same amount of the earrings! I sent my SA the link to the website, as well as the photo that I posted above, which she then sent to the workshop. Thankfully, it was sorted out and I didn’t have to pay.

I watched a review video on YouTube, which is how I found out about this free service. However, the woman from the video had her posts shortened, and kept the screw-ball. Honestly, I am happy to be rid of them and to have the butterfly backings. The earrings are much more secure, do not fall forward, and are easy to get on and off.

Of note, the earrings do get polished (which I was apprehensive about), but the workshop and my SA assured me that it needs to be done because the earrings get soldered. Fortunately, you cannot even tell - my earrings are now perfect!

Hope the process goes smoothly for you!f

Does anyone have the Trinity earrings, the small model ? I was interested in these but can't really find a lot of pictures of them. I was wondering if they were angled (meaning if there is a right and left earring, as the small Love hoops are) ? I love that about the Love earrings, I think angled earrings look so much better on my ears. Does anyone else know please ?
Thank you in advance !

Enjoy!

View attachment 5644495
Thanks for sharing this info. I got the smaller one (6 mm) and am happy with it, but noticed the "ball" screw is hard to do and much rather prefer the "butterfly" backing. I got these in June and rarely wear them now. Do you know if it's too late to get them adjusted? Thanks.

Thanks for sharing this info. I got the smaller one (6 mm) and am happy with it, but noticed the "ball" screw is hard to do and much rather prefer the "butterfly" backing. I got these in June and rarely wear them now. Do you know if it's too late to get them adjusted? Thanks.
I don’t think it’s too late at all. As far as my knowledge goes, you are able to take in your pieces whenever you need service. And as long as it’s the first time that you’re having your piece serviced, the alteration should be complimentary.

If anything, call the store that you plan to visit before you go, and see if they would be willing to help you. Hope the process goes smoothly for you!

I don’t think it’s too late at all. As far as my knowledge goes, you are able to take in your pieces whenever you need service. And as long as it’s the first time that you’re having your piece serviced, the alteration should be complimentary.

If anything, call the store that you plan to visit before you go, and see if they would be willing to help you. Hope the process goes smoothly for you!
Thanks. I hope so too. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I find out. thanks!

Reactions: Chanello_ShopGirl
Does anyone have the Trinity earrings, the small model ? I was interested in these but can't really find a lot of pictures of them. I was wondering if they were angled (meaning if there is a right and left earring, as the small Love hoops are) ? I love that about the Love earrings, I think angled earrings look so much better on my ears. Does anyone else know please ?
Thank you in advance !
Are these the little hoops? I am hoping to see and buy them in Paris in two weeks. I hadn’t thought about the handedness of the earrings