Cartier disputing online return

I bought two love cuffs prior to the price increase online since I don’t have a Cartier boutique close hoping to find my size and keep one. Unfortunately, I felt the size 16 was too snug and the size 17 rotated. I returned them promptly, but Cartier is slow on returns. Today I received an email that my size 16 bracelet was rejected by their return department. They included a photo with deep abrasions and what looked like years of wear.

I have a video of me trying the bracelet on, but I didn’t take a ton of close up photos. It seems the only thing possible is that Cartier switched the bracelets on accident or (who knows???) someone working there has purposefully tried to swap the one I’m returning.

Has anyone had a situation like this? The purchase was made with an AMEX so I’m hoping they’ll protect me. I would not recommend ever buying anything from Cartier online and only working directly with a boutique and SA.

Attached is a photo of the abrasions. I literally tried the bracelet they sent on maybe twice for 30 seconds each.

View attachment 5774599
I mean they can just melt it down and make another one and sell it off. No loss to them.

The video is basically a full body, so I’d rather not upload it. It doesn’t show the bracelet very close either because I took it to show to a friend how far it slid up my wrist and how it caught on my wrist bone a bit. I sent it to Cartier but it’s hard to make it prove anything

Reactions: maison.de.luxe
The video is basically a full body, so I’d rather not upload it. It doesn’t show the bracelet very close either because I took it to show to a friend how far it slid up my wrist and how it caught on my wrist bone a bit. I sent it to Cartier but it’s hard to make it prove anything
Oh ok ok I understand. It might be enough for AMEX I know they do ask for any evidence you might have. Wishing you the best of luck and to be out of this situation soon!!

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I wonder if they just sent you a bracelet that was used or already returned, hence the scratches. And like you said, you didn't look that closely because I'm sure you assumed they would send you a brand new bracelet. I really hope this gets resolved soon, because I can't imagine you having to pay for a bracelet that doesn't even fit you correctly. Keep us posted!

I dont think my much beat-up Love looks as scratchy as the one Cartier showed you. High chance it wasnt even "perfect" before it was sent to you. They said it's the same serial... I'm just pinning some hope... can you ask for a video to prove that it is? I mean you could take their word; but i thought we try to cover all grounds.

It's really frustrating. Hope there's justice found. big hugs.

I bought two love cuffs prior to the price increase online since I don’t have a Cartier boutique close hoping to find my size and keep one. Unfortunately, I felt the size 16 was too snug and the size 17 rotated. I returned them promptly, but Cartier is slow on returns. Today I received an email that my size 16 bracelet was rejected by their return department. They included a photo with deep abrasions and what looked like years of wear.

I have a video of me trying the bracelet on, but I didn’t take a ton of close up photos. It seems the only thing possible is that Cartier switched the bracelets on accident or (who knows???) someone working there has purposefully tried to swap the one I’m returning.

Has anyone had a situation like this? The purchase was made with an AMEX so I’m hoping they’ll protect me. I would not recommend ever buying anything from Cartier online and only working directly with a boutique and SA.

Attached is a photo of the abrasions. I literally tried the bracelet they sent on maybe twice for 30 seconds each.

View attachment 5774599
I’m sorry this happened to you @Colettebear. This may take a lot of perseverance on your end to resolve and get your money back. Do you have a record of when you received the bracelet and when you returned it? If you turned it around in a day or 2, those scratches just don’t happen in 2days! Here’s a picture of my cuff scratches with about 3month of stacking. I don’t think it’s as bad as what they claim as the bracelet you returned. Also, (maybe Amex can asked Cartier) ask for proof that the said bracelet has not been sold before and returned prior to you buying it.
Best of luck to you, hope to hear a favourable outcome :heart:
IMG_5446.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. I received it on a Tuesday, tried it on after work, and returned it to FedEx that Saturday. So I do have proof on that. I wish I returned it the very next day, but I had a hectic schedule.

Thanks for sharing. I received it on a Tuesday, tried it on after work, and returned it to FedEx that Saturday. So I do have proof on that. I wish I returned it the very next day, but I had a hectic schedule.
5 days is still isn’t enough to make that much scratches! Cartier should know that. Did they take a picture scratched bracelet showing the serial number?

Reactions: Colettebear
They did show a picture of the serial #. It’s hard to tell if it’s the same bracelet based on the angle, but I wouldn’t think that level of deception would happen. It must’ve been scratched when I received it but I was too focused on figuring out if it fit and wasn’t in the best lighting.

Reactions: maison.de.luxe
Oh my, this is horrible! So sorry to hear this is happening to you. I have always been nervous about ordering from Cartier online for this same reason. I had heard stories about return issues. Unfortunately I live in Colorado and there are no boutiques here. I ordered a small JUC ring last month and thankfully they accepted my return since I needed a smaller size. Again so sorry and I hope it gets sorted out. So unfair! Keep us posted and good luck!

Oh my, this is horrible! So sorry to hear this is happening to you. I have always been nervous about ordering from Cartier online for this same reason. I had heard stories about return issues. Unfortunately I live in Colorado and there are no boutiques here. I ordered a small JUC ring last month and thankfully they accepted my return since I needed a smaller size. Again so sorry and I hope it gets sorted out. So unfair! Keep us posted and good luck!
I also live in Colorado, and we used to have a boutique in Denver and one in Aspen. Not sure why they went away. The one in Denver was always busy (in Cherry Creek mall). I had to order all my Cartier pieces online, but luckily there weren't any issues.