Cartier disputing online return

Colettebear

Nov 9, 2015
I bought two love cuffs prior to the price increase online since I don’t have a Cartier boutique close hoping to find my size and keep one. Unfortunately, I felt the size 16 was too snug and the size 17 rotated. I returned them promptly, but Cartier is slow on returns. Today I received an email that my size 16 bracelet was rejected by their return department. They included a photo with deep abrasions and what looked like years of wear.

I have a video of me trying the bracelet on, but I didn’t take a ton of close up photos. It seems the only thing possible is that Cartier switched the bracelets on accident or (who knows???) someone working there has purposefully tried to swap the one I’m returning.

Has anyone had a situation like this? The purchase was made with an AMEX so I’m hoping they’ll protect me. I would not recommend ever buying anything from Cartier online and only working directly with a boutique and SA.

Attached is a photo of the abrasions. I literally tried the bracelet they sent on maybe twice for 30 seconds each.

3DBE2DAD-ECB8-4813-AA6A-307309BD0EEA.jpeg

I bought two love cuffs prior to the price increase online since I don’t have a Cartier boutique close hoping to find my size and keep one. Unfortunately, I felt the size 16 was too snug and the size 17 rotated. I returned them promptly, but Cartier is slow on returns. Today I received an email that my size 16 bracelet was rejected by their return department. They included a photo with deep abrasions and what looked like years of wear.

I have a video of me trying the bracelet on, but I didn’t take a ton of close up photos. It seems the only thing possible is that Cartier switched the bracelets on accident or (who knows???) someone working there has purposefully tried to swap the one I’m returning.

Has anyone had a situation like this? The purchase was made with an AMEX so I’m hoping they’ll protect me. I would not recommend ever buying anything from Cartier online and only working directly with a boutique and SA.

Attached is a photo of the abrasions. I literally tried the bracelet they sent on maybe twice for 30 seconds each.

View attachment 5774599
Is the 'serial number' correct ? Those dont look like wear and tear scratches either

Is the 'serial number' correct ? Those dont look like wear and tear scratches either
They are saying the serial # is the same. I honestly didn’t notice these scratches but I have never tried on a love bracelet and didn’t scrutinize it closely. Especially in the lighting they use. I figured by just trying it on and returning it quickly, this would be an easy process. I should’ve studied the bracelet and taken numerous photos.

What could’ve caused all those scratches you think???

Reactions: maison.de.luxe
So sorry this happened! Very bizarre indeed! I’ve had mine for 2 years now and have never taken it off, except for 1 quick cleaning by Cartier. There are no marks on it like the one pictured! Keep us posted…hopefully you’re able to prove it’s the same bracelet they sent you.

View attachment 5774599
OMG what a nightmare. Let us know what happens with AMEX.

Did you have any other bracelets on when you tried these on? Did you try them on together? Those are the only 2 ways I can see this getting scratched like that. What a bummer, that sounds like a nightmare situation. I'd double check the serial with your receipt when you get it back.

I didn’t have any other bracelets on. I took a video so I could show a friend how loose/tight it was and was very careful not to wear anything with it.

Thank you all for the support. Here’s hoping that Cartier will either believe me or AMEX will take my side. I’ve had so many pieces ranked on my wishlist for upcoming celebrations or work bonuses, but this low level of customer service makes me question why I’d want to give them my business. Maybe Fashionphile or a reputable resaler is the route I’ll go in the future if I truly want a Cartier piece.

I didn’t have any other bracelets on. I took a video so I could show a friend how loose/tight it was and was very careful not to wear anything with it.

Thank you all for the support. Here’s hoping that Cartier will either believe me or AMEX will take my side. I’ve had so many pieces ranked on my wishlist for upcoming celebrations or work bonuses, but this low level of customer service makes me question why I’d want to give them my business. Maybe Fashionphile or a reputable resaler is the route I’ll go in the future if I truly want a Cartier piece.
Could you call Cartier CS and tell them you have video evidence of you trying it on and then immediately taking it off?

Amex should back you up if it's the regular Love cuff. They will protect pretty much anything up to $10K. I know a guy whose puppy chewed his bespoke shoes and they covered that.
Amex will also force returns with companies that don't accept them.
Wishing you luck. This is a super bizarre situation and I'm fairly sure you're right that there was a switch-out, or something fishy.