Cartier Diamants Leger vs Tiffany DBTY

I've ruled out Tiffany DBTY for the following reasons. The first may not apply to anyone reading here but after Tiffany's "Not Your Mother's Tiffany" marketing campaign I was 99% over them. The 1% was that I had my eye on DBTY for a long time but in good conscience won't buy from them again. The other reasons are that the detailed craftsmanship isn't there in the DBTY as they are with Cartier. I prefer the bezel of Cartier which adds what I see as a nice halo around the diamond. I also don't want a diamond back poking me. I know I'll be paying more for less diamond, but the trade-off is what I see as a nicer chain and setting. Now, to get Santa on board with my decision! ;) Edited to ask: Does anyone have the LM in white gold and if so, could you please post a pic wearing it? :flowers:

Reactions: Keren16
Just thinking whether I should get the LM in white or yellow gold!
i prefer wg & have a necklace in that hw. My reason to try yg is because some of my bags hardware is yg & I thougot to match my jewelry to that metal color

Hi all, it’s interesting to read all the comments about Tiffany vs Cartier.
I am thinking between Cartier DL necklace or Cartier c de Diamond necklace.
Anyone here has considered c de ?
keen to know what your thoughts are

Hello everybody,

so interesting to read about all your comments and experience on both the Tiffany DBTY and Cartier DL.
I am about to purchase a DL in the large version at my local Cartier shop in Munich, but the price really bothers me tbh.
I went to Tiffany and in theory could get a bigger diamond for a better price.
The one thing that is alarming with the Tiffany and for me this is he reason why I want to go with the Cartier: the diamond at the Tiffany one is really sharp and poking into the skin. I was not feeling it really badly when I tried it on. But I am very much worried that I will spend the money now and in a few months, I cannot wear the necklace anymore as this might annoy me - maybe not now, but maybe later on.
I want a necklace which I can wear 24/7 and putting something on the Tiffany necklace to the back of the diamond so it is not poking, this is no an option - I want my piece of art to stay the original without adding.

Can the owners of the Tiffany DBTY in the version with 0.17 carat or bigger tell me about their experience with the diamond poking? Pleaaaase, this would be such a big help!!

Hello everybody,

so interesting to read about all your comments and experience on both the Tiffany DBTY and Cartier DL.
I am about to purchase a DL in the large version at my local Cartier shop in Munich, but the price really bothers me tbh.
I went to Tiffany and in theory could get a bigger diamond for a better price.
The one thing that is alarming with the Tiffany and for me this is he reason why I want to go with the Cartier: the diamond at the Tiffany one is really sharp and poking into the skin. I was not feeling it really badly when I tried it on. But I am very much worried that I will spend the money now and in a few months, I cannot wear the necklace anymore as this might annoy me - maybe not now, but maybe later on.
I want a necklace which I can wear 24/7 and putting something on the Tiffany necklace to the back of the diamond so it is not poking, this is no an option - I want my piece of art to stay the original without adding.

Can the owners of the Tiffany DBTY in the version with 0.17 carat or bigger tell me about their experience with the diamond poking? Pleaaaase, this would be such a big help!!
If you get the RG version of 0.17, it won't poke (because of the thicker bezel).

What do you mean by "thicker bezel"? Do they not have the same sized bezel?
I am 100% into yellow gold, so does this have a different bezel compared to the rose gold?
From pictures I cannot tell tbh that there is a difference. Thank you :smile:

for the RG DBTY (and I believe silver as well), for diamonds up to .17ct there is a thicker bezel (and wont poke). From 0.18ct you have the thin bezel. I also noticed in store that the thick RG bezel is more "red" than the thin RG bezel.
for the YG and Platinum version, you have always the thin bezel (regardless of the size of the diamond).

From my researches, a size 0.17 with the thin bezel will poke. However you can let them add a basket on the back to prevent poking (however I believe it will cost something).

I have got the 0.17ct in RG (which has a thicker bezel). Advantage is that the diamond looks bigger and does not poke. However it may be less shiny than the ones with the thin bezel. hth :smile:

for the RG DBTY (and I believe silver as well), for diamonds up to .17ct there is a thicker bezel (and wont poke). From 0.18ct you have the thin bezel. I also noticed in store that the thick RG bezel is more "red" than the thin RG bezel.
for the YG and Platinum version, you have always the thin bezel (regardless of the size of the diamond).

From my researches, a size 0.17 with the thin bezel will poke. However you can let them add a basket on the back to prevent poking (however I believe it will cost something).

I have got the 0.17ct in RG (which has a thicker bezel). Advantage is that the diamond looks bigger and does not poke. However it may be less shiny than the ones with the thin bezel. hth :smile:
Interesting...Thanks for your input. Are the Tiffany diamonds better priced and better quality? Also what is the smallest size one should buy and it still be noticeable?