Cartier chronograph 21 vs chanel j12

Angel14- Just my opinion, but I say go with the Chanel J12. I have the large size, Chronograph J12 in white and I wear it a lot, especially in the summer. Coming from someone who owns 4 cartier's I would tell you that, although a lovely watch, to me the chronograph 21 doesn't necessarily signify classic Cartier, but the chanel J12 signifies Chanel. It's definitely a statement watch. Not sure what exactly you're looking for though. Are you completely torn between the two? If you had to eliminate price (not sure which J12 you're thinking of as some are more than the Cartier), which one would your heart really want? Which one do you think you'd wear more? Ask yourselves these questions AND go and try both on, have a friend or the SA take a picture of your hand with the watch on. Then come home and look at them again...then decide. Hope that helps. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I love the J12 because it is such a worry free watch. It will be a completely different look from the chronograph though, it depends on what you are going for. :yes:

Were you thinking white or black ?

I ma thinking white for the j12.Do you thing is a treandy watch or it will become a classic? I also like the new Pasha seatimer.My wrist is tiny so it has to be 33 milimeters.I want something modern

Angel14- I think the J12 is already a classic, without a doubt. I do have to ask, however, if this is your first big watch purchase and/or do you own any stainless steel watches? If not, then go with the Cartier Pasha. Now this is only my opinion, but I feel that a Cartier stainless steel watch (or any stainless steel watch, but especially Cartier) is definitely a classic and kind of like the meat and bones of any wardrobe, if that makes sense. It's the "go to" watch when all else fails. The J12 is an awesome watch, but only supplementary to your watch collection/wardrobe after you own a more versatile sort of a watch. Now, if you already have a nice everyday classic watch then definitely go for the J12. But in all honesty, in the end, what matters most is which one you love on your hand and what your personal style is.

Last edited:
I already own a rolex in steel and gold.The classic oyster lady datejust.
So I want something different,I like the j12 and the Pasha is the seatimer with the rubber band.So what do you thing?

J12 hands down. I have the black 38 and love it. It goes with everything and can be worn for every season. I get tons of compliments! Go with the black if you are worried about the white going out of style....IMO.....