Cartier BB and some other jewelry

Dear forum peeps,

I love reading all your opinions :smile:
I'm 30 year old now and i have been trough different phases in my life but i discoverd that i can be totally groomed and good looking in white t-shirts/nice jeans and good shoes. My style is really basic because i love that 'cleane'look..

But i still want to spend my money on good things that last so i believe in bags/jewelry etc that doenst go out of style like Chanel (example)

now back to the question:

Would you invest in the Ballon Bleu? steel?
If Yes what size 42 or 36?
My wrist size is 16 cm (6.3 inch)
I would love to combine the Ballon Bleu with some nice colorfull bracelets or silk cords from cartier. I think Rolex is just not for me..

In what kind of jewelry would you invest? and do you save alot for your jewelry?

I don't know much about the Ballon Bleu but it's a lovely, timeless watch so if I could afford it, it definitely would be one that I would consider along with their tank style.

To address your other question, start with classics like white pearl earrings, a diamond soltaire necklace, etc. and incorporate in pieces that are more unique or just love. A piece is worth the investment if you love it and will wear it but if it sits in a box, there's no point.

I would pick the smallest size you would be comfortable with bc I'm sure the trend will switch back to small watches and then go back to bigger. I have the 28 and it is perfect for every occasion. I would go for bb, Rolex doesn't appeal to me. If my budget was limitless I would have done a gold or gold and diamond bb. However my ss bb works great.

Also biggest diamond studs you could afford, pearl studs. Inside out diamond hoops. A diamond or a precious stone necklace, a long necklace, gold bangles are all timeless pieces

@ LVoeletters @ emchhardy

Thanks for your reply.

The jeweler told me that i must take 36 instead of 42 because of what LVoeletters said the trend can be over but a regular size always stays classic..

So as i can conclude diamonds are good investments? and pearls too..

I would love a gold BB too but thats out of my budget!

I'd do the two-toned or stainless small or medium BB (perfection in a watch) and eventually stack with one or two investment bracelets. The ultimate is the Cartier Love. It looks amazing with everything. Mix metals, too - very chic and completes that jeans and simple white tee look perfectly.

For less expensive and beautiful choices, try the Trinity or love cord bracelet. Then pick something dainty from Jennifer Meyer, Zoe Chicco, or maybe a VCA Sweet Alhambra. My favorite new designer is Hortense. Her pieces are so gorgeous, stackable, well made and affordable. Have fun stacking!

I would recommend the BB 36 Automatic in steel I have it and I wear it goes with everything. It the perfect watch I tried on the 42 and it was insanely big for me (5.5 wrist)
:smile: good luck!

@ LVoeletters @ emchhardy

Thanks for your reply.

The jeweler told me that i must take 36 instead of 42 because of what LVoeletters said the trend can be over but a regular size always stays classic..

So as i can conclude diamonds are good investments? and pearls too..

I would love a gold BB too but thats out of my budget!

Diamonds are not particularly good investments unless they are part of a piece that is branded (Cartier, VCA). Read some of AME's posts for excellent diamond advice. However, they are certainly classic and always look lovely. Same with pearls.

As for my advice, the piece I reach for almost every single day and that I have more than gotten my money's worth from, is a gold VCA alhambra 10 motif necklace. I have gotten more compliments on this necklace than any other piece of jewelry I own, and most of the people who were complimenting me have no idea what brand it is. It is a classic (worn by Princess Grace, who had several different ones, for instance). I purchased it, it was about $3500. It has gone up significantly since then, so I feel that it has more than held its value. Even if I were to sell it, I would get more than I paid for it now.

Have fun building your collection!

Diamonds are not particularly good investments unless they are part of a piece that is branded (Cartier, VCA). Read some of AME's posts for excellent diamond advice. However, they are certainly classic and always look lovely. Same with pearls.

As for my advice, the piece I reach for almost every single day and that I have more than gotten my money's worth from, is a gold VCA alhambra 10 motif necklace. I have gotten more compliments on this necklace than any other piece of jewelry I own, and most of the people who were complimenting me have no idea what brand it is. It is a classic (worn by Princess Grace, who had several different ones, for instance). I purchased it, it was about $3500. It has gone up significantly since then, so I feel that it has more than held its value. Even if I were to sell it, I would get more than I paid for it now.

Have fun building your collection!

When I suggested a diamond pendant or diamond studs it wasn't for monetary investment- more so saying it's pieces that will always fit an occasion. I wish I had the ability to buy a 10 motif necklace at that price. I hope to procure one in all rose gold in the next two years

When I suggested a diamond pendant or diamond studs it wasn't for monetary investment- more so saying it's pieces that will always fit an occasion. I wish I had the ability to buy a 10 motif necklace at that price. I hope to procure one in all rose gold in the next two years

I get it! So sorry for misunderstanding what you meant. Gosh, Town and Country magazine had a fantastic article about 10 years ago, in which they interviewed many of the major jewelry design houses and asked them to highlight what they considered to be their most iconic, classic piece that would withstand the test of time. It was a fascinating article to read and introduced me to some brands and models that I had not known about!!! I wish I had saved it!!! The basic idea was, if you wanted to build a jewelry wardrobe of fantastic classics, this would be it!

I get it! So sorry for misunderstanding what you meant. Gosh, Town and Country magazine had a fantastic article about 10 years ago, in which they interviewed many of the major jewelry design houses and asked them to highlight what they considered to be their most iconic, classic piece that would withstand the test of time. It was a fascinating article to read and introduced me to some brands and models that I had not known about!!! I wish I had saved it!!! The basic idea was, if you wanted to build a jewelry wardrobe of fantastic classics, this would be it!
Sounds like a great article, do you remember the brands the article introduced you to? I love threads/articles like that!

@ Hopingoneday ...

I agree with LVoeletters sounds like a great article ....

Im just starting.. and the BB is the first on my list :smile: after that i was thinking about a love bracelet.... or the chords that cartier sels (trinity/love) ...

you buy jewelry regulary? or once a jear? and watches?

Hi luxurygoodslove. I think you should try on the BB. This is in my wish list but I wanted the medium. When I went to the store, the medium did not look good in my wrist, so now I know that I want and look good in the small. As for the cartier cord bracelet, may I suggest that you get the trinity. It's not worth spending over 1 K for the silk cord. You might as well save your dollars for other purchase. HTH and good luck with whatever you decide.