Cartier amulette in MOP - question re aftercare

Beesok

May 13, 2009
Hi everyone, so I finally purchased my amulette necklace with gold and Mother of Pearl but when I picked it up (I ordered it to Heathrow) no one gave me clear instructions about not getting the MOP wet.

Unknowingly I showered with it a few times (I've had it for less than a month so not very often and I would take it off sometimes) but now I found out by coincidence at Cartier that I shouldn't have gotten it wet - I was in the boutique yesterday by chance and started chatting with the SA.

I'm really upset that they didn't specify this when I picked up the necklace and I feel like the lustre has gone a bit (or maybe it's my OCD imagination :smile:

I'm not sure what to do and I think I just needed a little rant with like-minded people :smile: does anyone here own one for longer and what where your experiences with the mop?

Thanks !

That’s my biggest concern too. I love the look of the MOP and Amulette, but to preserve the sheen of the stone, it is advised to prevent contact with chemicals. However, there is a YouTube channel called ”thanks to fashion” and she has the same necklace. She says she has not taken it off for 4 years and showers with hers on. She still thinks it looks new! So I’m planning to get it as an everyday necklace as I don’t think I would be happy taking it off daily. I’ll just choose really gentle soaps to shower so that the damage will be minimal. I’m thinking, these organic stones are submerged in sea water normally, so it should be able to withstand everyday use... just be careful not to spray perfume, alcohol, hair spray on it at all.