carrying two purses, WHY??

MissThing

Sep 13, 2006
Maybe this is just London thing, but for over a year or so, I've notied that women carry two bags to work in the mornings :confused1:

one cutelsuy little baguette or similar which carries a wallet and cigarettes :P and some massive tote/shopping bag/rucksack for their makeup, lunch, magazine bottle of water. I can understand carrying a gym kit but these women are in fact just carrying a seocnd purse. surely that's why work bags were invented :rolleyes:

it's no bother to me, it's just seems a bit pointless...

i guess so that they have a small bag to pop out to lunch with and a bigger one for stuff they may need to bring to work for the day? i don't know, i'm a huge bag lugger all the way :biggrin: the only time i carry two purses is at the airport because my documents get lost in my bigger bag and it's easier to have a small (by my definition anyway :biggrin: ) bag for wallet, tickets, phones, lipbalm (and cigarettes since you did ask :lol: ) and then put things like a laptop, magazines, books and food in the big bag.

this is one of my biggest pet peeves. i know i shouldn't care about other people's accessories...but honestly. if you favor a tote, tuck the smaller one inside it until you nip out to lunch.

(another pet peeve i need to remember: americans adopting brit slang. :angel: must stop reading sophie kinsella novels. :yes:)

argh! esta NO bien.

none of it. the bags. the hat. the shirt. the jeans. no no no. :Push: just because you have the money doesn't mean you should carry it all at once. and i love jessica. so take that as you will. :supacool:

oh an annannas: he's fab, isn't he? *insert swooning smiley here*

i like the hat for gardening. and the shore.

since i live at the shore it would be quite handy. :yes: well. it's winter here now...but eventually :yes:

:back2topic:;)

49905.jpg

53043873.2_latinas_bus_stop.jpg

Yep, agree - it looks better w/ just one. But to be quite honest, I often bring two purses to work - one small pochette w/ essentials and a bigger tote for files & laptop. I would normally tuck the pochette inside the tote, and take it out only to bring it to luch or meetings when leaving tote at my desk - being a bit paranoid, I would normally carry wallet, cell, lipgloss & keys w/ me at ALL times...

Guilty as charged:sad:

I don't really like most PC bags or briefcases, so I tend to carry a really, really big purse with all of my school/work stuff and a smaller one for stopping at the grocery store, etc.

Sorry.

I forgot to add that there's a lady at my organisation who carries two small puses to work, on her shoulder, day in, day out. I'd ask her why but I'm not that cool with her.