Carrying a "pre-owned"

Just to add :nuts:

the way I see it, its like a house. Most houses people buy these days have been lived in before (unless new bulit) so there is no difference between the house and the bag. In fact...a house has been even more used than a bag and sometimes a house has had 6 owners, it depends when the house was built. If you can live in a previously owned house, you can use a previously owned bag. Try it ! yoy may get a real bargain LOL :nuts: ;)

Yup and no one died in my pre-owned bag.

Just to add :nuts:

the way I see it, its like a house. Most houses people buy these days have been lived in before (unless new bulit) so there is no difference between the house and the bag. In fact...a house has been even more used than a bag and sometimes a house has had 6 owners, it depends when the house was built. If you can live in a previously owned house, you can use a previously owned bag. Try it ! yoy may get a real bargain LOL :nuts: ;)

Please do not let your friend's comment upset. If you are content with your purchases, then who cares what she or anyone else would say.

When it comes to bags, I would not buy a used one. With my luck, it would be too much of a hassle for me to have it authenticated, and even if it was authenticated, it would probably be a super fake. Then, if it needed to be returned, that would just be another hassle for me. Now if I were younger and on a limited budget, then I might consider a used bag. At my stage of life, I feel like I can afford/deserve new bags.

I have absolutely no problem with pre-owned bags. Otherwise my collection would be a lot smaller (basically just one bag!). I love the thrill of the hunt and the bargains.

However, I do want my next purchase to be from the boutique, mainly because I feel bad that I go in and try on all these bags, and never purchase any! And especially when the SAs are so nice, - giving me a catalogue, serving tea, etc.

Personally, I wouldn't. I want my own breaking in and my own patina to develop on something that is so intimate. I know that means missing out on some great limited editions but I accept that.

Sure, why not? As long as it's not all battered up...and besides, there are some bags that are discontinued and not available in stores anymore so you HAVE to buy them from a reseller. So I guess in that case, your acquaintance won't be buying discontinued pieces since she can't get them brand new ;)

:roflmfao:

it doesnt matter if you got it discount.. it just looks as if you had the bag for a long time. nobody is going to really care if its used or not...its not like a car... and even THEN nobody really cares...

I do buy pre-loved LVs all the time. Of the eight bags I own, only one (my first...Viva Cite MM) was bought brand new from the LV store. I rely heavily on this forum and CarolDiva.com for authenticity and have purchased all near mint, 100% authentic LV bags at notable savings.

Oh my and if I ever had the heart to sell one of my bags (which I am sorry to say, I don't think I ever will) the buyer would be extremely pleased with their continued brand new looks!

Sure, why not? As long as it's not all battered up...and besides, there are some bags that are discontinued and not available in stores anymore so you HAVE to buy them from a reseller. So I guess in that case, your acquaintance won't be buying discontinued pieces since she can't get them brand new ;)

so true!:yes:

Well my first bag was a used one. Its a papillon 26 in monogram but it was only a year old and it beautiful condition. The handles were already a nice patina. I didnt think my husband would like me buying a new one but of course I just got a brand new mono speedy 25 last week. I will still use my papillon as well. But I have no problem with purchasing a used bag.

Your 'friend' is raining on your parade, ugh! I know someone who can totally afford to get brand new lv bags but she loves the chase of finding them used on ebay and she also resells some of her ebay finds as well. I have bought many bags used on ebay but I tend towards buying very gently used to mint condition where it's not like using someone's old 'dirty' bag, on the contrary and I save a ton. If getting bags secondhand weren't an option for me I'd own basically one bag, lol. I like variety so I completely depend on the wonders of ebay! I only get a couple of things retail when I know it will be something I will use forever to make it worth the price. I have sold on ebay too and I use very detailed pictures and try to buy from those that have that as well so there are no surprises. I have 2 used bags right now, both non lv items and I am particularly enjoy one of them, a gucci jackie o bag bec. I can smell the previous owner's perfume on it, the bag is completely clean but has this lovely scent that just is so cool to me, gives her a history and personality.