Carrying a "pre-owned"

Personally, no, I would not own a preowned bag. I just find, unless it was a rare piece like the mirror, you can basically buy it anytime you want. So, why rush? Also, from what I've seen on ebay, you usually don't get a good deal on bags that are new or look new. You usally get the best deal for bags that are older looking. When I was in college, I saw a ton of girls with speedies that they either bought off ebay or were given from someone. While they looked real they looked bad. I swear, the handles looked black. It's not worth it in my opnion, but do what you feel is right. Also don't exspect everyone, including friends, to agree with you. Everyone has a different opinion.

I have gotten good dealsl on my used pieces. I guess it depends on what one considers to be a "good deal". If you want something for like only 20% of the retail price, then yeah...you're only going to find something heavily used and beaten up.

My red/cream CB pochette pictured here was a good deal at $360 :wlae: The cles & PMP not so much...at around $350 each :Push:
cb.jpg

some bags are very much over my budget and if I found them pre owned and that fits my budget OF COURSE i would go for them, I am thinking to buy a denim piece but honestly i think the denim collection is kinda expensive that is way I am looking for a pre-owned one

i totally buy preowned. i can't afford as much if i bought brand new- or at all. my first piece was a speedy for 150 on ebay. i had to replace the zipper pull and when i got it i was like "oh the handles are so dark!" it was worn but still very pretty. when i brought it in to lv the COOed over it and how GORGEOUS the patina was and what great shape. i was shocked but very pleased. i looked at it with a new eye then. it smelled faintly of perfume too which somehow i love.

anyway, would i love to buy all brand new? of course. but finances dictate that i can't- so i do the next best thing!

i happen to love pre-ownes/used/vintage kinda thing.
and with LV it's better because i don't like the pale vachetta :P
i prefer to have mine already turn patina.
i hate to watcg the process of pale turn to gross then turn to the prefect honey patina, i kinda prefer to skip the midlle thing and go straight to the patina thing "smile1:

Honestly, I don't mind pre-owned at all. In fact, I've only bought from the boutique a couple times! And even though nothing beats brand new...I can't justify spending so much, esp. when I don't even earn enough! There were times when I've considered saving up for a new bag...but I know I can't keep myself away from these good deals. I've had good luck buying beautiful, pre-owned bags that were clean and had a very nice patina (ranging from the light honey to medium honey).

I don't like buying bags, though, that are seriously beat-up, have a lot of stains on them, and have dirty patina. Although I love cleaning and fixing up bags (I've actually saved a lot from doing this, too), I won't invest on a bag that can't be fixed. Admittedly, that can be super expensive!

When I started buying LV I had no other option than to buy a used bag from ebay. Your friend sounds very over dramatic. Most used bags I have encountered have been very clean...I do not mind marks as long as they are not over the top. Im going to save up for one of the spring 2007 bags and this will be the 1st bag I will have bought from store in a long time.
I think its great that on ebay you can get LE and discontinued bags at good prices. Someones trash is someone elses treasure :heart: :nuts: :smile:

I wouldnt mind purchasing a used bag either and I would definitely be offended if someone said that to me. In fact I use my used bags more often than the bags I buy brand new because I'm not afraid of messing up the used bag.

I have gotten good dealsl on my used pieces. I guess it depends on what one considers to be a "good deal". If you want something for like only 20% of the retail price, then yeah...you're only going to find something heavily used and beaten up.

My red/cream CB pochette pictured here was a good deal at $360 :wlae: The cles & PMP not so much...at around $350 each :Push:

$360?! :nuts: that's an amazing deal Lulu!!! :yahoo:

i happen to love pre-ownes/used/vintage kinda thing.
and with LV it's better because i don't like the pale vachetta :P
i prefer to have mine already turn patina.
i hate to watcg the process of pale turn to gross then turn to the prefect honey patina, i kinda prefer to skip the midlle thing and go straight to the patina thing "smile1:

I'm with you on the patina. I have one brand-new-from-the-boutique bag, and to be honest, the pale leather bothered me. Now it has patinaed a bit and looks lovely. That said, there is a huge difference between gorgeous patina and blackish oily hand marks, which are gross. Some people mistakenly believe that those dark marks are the patina that we are talking about.

I agree with your friend because I will never buy a used bag, even if it's used once. I have a personal ummm.... 'attachment' to my bags and I don't see them the same as cars, computers, jewelery...etc. I don't mind if these things are 2nd hand and I couldn't care less what others buy 2nd hand, 3rd hand, 4th hand are all fine with me. Other people can buy whatever they want that makes them HAPPY and I think being happy with your purchase is more important than how you obtained the item. Each person has different values and we should respect him/her.