Carrying a pochette on its own... dinky?

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Hi girls!

I'm just wondering how you feel about the original monogram pochette being carried as its own little purse. Do you feel like it's a dinky little bag that's meant only to be an accessory? Do you actually ever carry yours by itself? Do you think it's a great little purse?

Anyway, I love the idea of a tiny bag like the pochette but I think I might go for the less ubiquitous Recital.

What do you ladies think?

I always carry it by itself, but I guess that would probably be a personal preference thing since a lot of ladies like larger bags that can hold more. Plus the pochette's strap is a little short, I always carry mine with the pochette extender keyring.

I don't think it looks dinky, only b/c maybe I'm used to seeing many girls wear it that way. It actually fits a wallet, keychain holder, lipliner, lipstick and a pressed powder compact. Although I usually keep mine inside a bigger bag, I do find myself taking it out when I need to run a quick errand.

I think the Recital is gorgeous and very chic! I love how the top opens and the lining of it. If I were to get either one for a small bag to wear on its own, I'd jump on the Recital!

This will be my next purchase, hopefully soon! I plan to carry it by itself , because a lot of times when I am just going to the store or a late night movie or something I don't want to take put a purse and just stuff everything in the pockets of my huge winter coats. But I can't do that in the summer. I think it looks really cute carried by itself, but I would probably hold it more like a clutch

I've always used the pochette as a little purse on its own. So many people are doing the whole wristlet/clutch thing, so I don't think it looks out of place.

I love clutches. I was always thinking about getting one just to have and to put inside a bigger bag. I would also use it more as a clutch but I think it's really cute. It's grown on me the more I see it.

I am lusting after the new Charms Pouchette. My SA will be getting a call from me today. Its a really cute line. I like the Plate too.
Will it ever end!!!!!!

Selena

I think the pochette is one of my best LV purchase. I travel a lot for work and it's the only purse I bring because I can pack it inside my laptop bag. I also use it when going out at night to a club b/c I don't have to worry about it getting dirty and it's easy to hold on to on the dance floor. I guess I consider it my thrasher designer bag.