Carrying a Kelly Effortlessly - A Poll

How do you usually carry your Kelly?

• Handheld

• Use shoulder strap

• Handheld with the shoulder strap inside for emergency use

• Using the hand strap like a shoulder strap (Yes you Lala)

• My Kelly sits in the closet because it is a pain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Congratulations on your new Kelly, which color did you get? At my local H. boutique, it's possible to order a wide canvas strap for the Kelly. If I am not mistaken, they come in different sizes too. Best is to ask your SA for a canvas strap and then you can go from there ;).

i got an etoupe kelly. i'll have to pop into a boutique then and try my luck. thanks!!

^ohhh that's totally the strap i need for my etoupe k! it's so hard to find a kelly and now i have to hunt for a strap, too :faint:. H is a lot of work, lol!

Hi all, I found this old thread might fit my question.
I admire the effortless look of shoulder carrying a Kelly, however due to shoulder problem I can't shoulder carry my bag so my Kelly/Bolide are mainly handheld. In this case do you still hang the shoulder strap on the bag when you are going out even if you don't use it? Or hanging a shoulder strap on the bag can still be sort of effortless chic? Appreciate your comment.

I admire the effortless look of shoulder carrying a Kelly, however due to shoulder problem I can't shoulder carry my bag so my Kelly/Bolide are mainly handheld. In this case do you still hang the shoulder strap on the bag when you are going out even if you don't use it? Or hanging a shoulder strap on the bag can still be sort of effortless chic? Appreciate your comment.

I don't leave the strap on my K retourne if I don't plan to shoulder carry. I hand carry it a la Grace Kelly style. I find leaving the strap hanging ends up with it being in the way and getting caught in things. For my sellier, I never use a strap.

Reactions: candyapple15
I hand-carry my Ks often but, unless it’s evening, I have the strap attached so I can easily switch to hands-free. I like the look of the loose strap; it does look more effortless (?) to me. It’s a very easy way to run around with a Kelly.

Reactions: candyapple15
I love love love my kelly but I do identify with the last option 'my kelly sits in my closet cos its a pain' :amuse: I use it both hand held and shoulder carry with the original strap. I must admit it is not the easiest bag for me.