Carrying a City by the strap : leather getting torn ?

Nov 4, 2009
I have a big question :biggrin: How do you guys usually carry your City ?

I find it way easier to carry it on the shoulder with the strap, as I often have my "teacher bag" (I don't know how you say that in english) in the other hand. But I feel like I may damage the leather by carrying it to much that way, as the bag is really supple, the top of the bag is torn, and I don't like that.... I don't want to get it permanently damaged !

So, what do you Bal-addicts think about this ?

I understand what you mean by your "teacher bag".

I carry my Bbag by the strap like you do. However, I do know that there is only so much stress two points of attachment that any bag - Bbag included, can take - especially if it's stuffed as mine invariably is.

I think to carry the bag by the handles is better in the long term, as the weight of the bag is distributed between four points - rather than just two points of attachment.

Every bag is eventually going to tear at its points of attachment at some point time - maybe (hopefully) not in our lifetime, or in the time we have the Bbag, but we can minimise the chances of the tearing by carrying them occasionally by the handles as well.

^^^ Sorry, verty - I mean - overloaded with heavy things, rather than purely over-stuffed, which could be having lots of light-ish items in the bag: I have a bad habit of perpetually over-stuffing my bags not just with lots of things, but with lots of heavy things!

Thanks for your answers ! I'm not really afraid about the leather tearing around the points of attachement but about the leather of the top of the bag, above the zipper, tearing from being torn too often... What do you think ?