Carrousel or Papillon?

Hi everyone, I am looking for a small light weight shoulder bag for the weekends when I am not working. Which do you think is better, the new release bag Carrousel or the Papillon? Please give me your honest opinions. TIA!!

Ladies, especially if you've owned a round/ cylinder bag like the Papillon and also a flat shoulder bag like the Carrousel, which do you reach for more and why? Thank you

I think the Carrousel will be more functional for you as a weekend bag. But, how much stuff would you carry? I have a DE Pap 30 - I carry a Sarah wallet, phone, keys, cles and I use the baby pap as a makeup bag. But I have to leave other stuff at home otherwise it gets pretty crowded (checkbook, agenda, etc). The wallet tends to sink and lay flat at the bottom of the cylinder. That said- I still think it's a cute bag but I carry it at night or shopping trips when I need a change from my Eva. But with the Carrousel your stuff might also be crowded since the bag is not so wide--you have to stack and arrange things inside. That's kind of why I stopped carrying my Alma Pm! I guess I'm no help- LOL!!

I think the Carrousel will be more functional for you as a weekend bag. But, how much stuff would you carry? I have a DE Pap 30 - I carry a Sarah wallet, phone, keys, cles and I use the baby pap as a makeup bag. But I have to leave other stuff at home otherwise it gets pretty crowded (checkbook, agenda, etc). The wallet tends to sink and lay flat at the bottom of the cylinder. That said- I still think it's a cute bag but I carry it at night or shopping trips when I need a change from my Eva. But with the Carrousel your stuff might also be crowded since the bag is not so wide--you have to stack and arrange things inside. That's kind of why I stopped carrying my Alma Pm! I guess I'm no help- LOL!!

Yea the depth of the carrousel is only 3cm which is very thin. I assume '3cm' for each compartment

Although I am a light packer most of the time I prefer to have at least all of my essentials: long wallet, phone, key cles, small amount of makeup and allergy tablets, a pack of tissue and small ring agenda

I only carry small clutch or Pouchette accessories when I have to. I am not sure with the depth of the carrousel being so thin will it be able to hold much at all. The good thing about this is it will lay flat under your arm as a shoulder bag

I prefer the old Papillon.. but being said with the two options I would also opt for the Carrosel (sp?) good luck with your purchase. Oh but the price of the Pap is almost a $1000 cheaper!! I guess go for the Papillon in the new shape.. lol!