Carrie vs Courtenay?

oachcay

Jun 8, 2011
Hi ladies! My next bag purchase has been consuming me so I thought I would post and get some opinions. I apologize for lack of pictures but I am posting from my phone during my commute!

So right now I'm down to these two:

1. Raspberry textured Carrie

2. Coral Courtenay, matching card case and purse keyfob

I tried ordering the Carrie but the store order was canceled. Since then I've seen it come back in stock but inventory is very low. I love the look of this bag but have only ever seen the espresso in person. I think it would be a great bag for when I need something a little fancy. I love the look of it very time i see a picture of it.

I love the look of the coral Courtenay reveals online. Would be a good weekend bag for me or for shopping since it can go cross body.

So I'm not looking for one purse to fit a specific need. Just in the mood to buy something I love! But if I think I want the Carrie I probably need to order today before I can get to the boutique to see coral Courtenay in person.

Thoughts?? TIA!

Pull the trigger on Carrie? Or, should I just wait and see what else comes out? I have seen the coral Carrie and love the details of that bag but the shade of coral didn't work for me.

Last edited:
No question. Carrie. I have it and love it! It was a limited edition. If you can order it, do.

Of course you need to go with your heart but you've got more time if you want Courtenay to get her down the road.

No question. Carrie. I have it and love it! It was a limited edition. If you can order it, do.

Of course you need to go with your heart but you've got more time if you want Courtenay to get her down the road.

I agree. Carrie is Limited. Hubby bought her for me for Christmas in Bright Marine. I do have Courtenay as of yesterday and I love them both.

Carrie today and Court later.

I'd buy Carrie. The Courtenay will be available longer than Carrie. Carrie is a limited luxury bag that I wouldn't pass on. I want the python and know that I need to get it soon or it will be gone. I'm starting to see less of them and it has me worried that I'm going to miss it.

Thanks! Which Carrie do you have, the raspberry? I can't get it out of my head so I got it. Can't wait!!!

I agree. Carrie is Limited. Hubby bought her for me for Christmas in Bright Marine. I do have Courtenay as of yesterday and I love them both.

Carrie today and Court later.

I'd buy Carrie. The Courtenay will be available longer than Carrie. Carrie is a limited luxury bag that I wouldn't pass on. I want the python and know that I need to get it soon or it will be gone. I'm starting to see less of them and it has me worried that I'm going to miss it.

Another vote for Carrie.

Carrie would be my choice.

Thanks for the feedback, ladies!! I went with your advice and got the raspberry today. I feel better knowing it is on the way and I can see it in person and not miss out. I really don't need more bags but I like to look to see if there's anything really special that I would be bummed if it never made it to the outlet. Especially for a more expensive bag, I won't do eb@y since for the cost I'd rather have it fresh from coach.

I have a birthday coming up so I'll have to put the Courtenay on my wish list :smile:

Thanks again, ladies!

Thanks for the feedback, ladies!! I went with your advice and got the raspberry today. I feel better knowing it is on the way and I can see it in person and not miss out. I really don't need more bags but I like to look to see if there's anything really special that I would be bummed if it never made it to the outlet. Especially for a more expensive bag, I won't do eb@y since for the cost I'd rather have it fresh from coach.

I have a birthday coming up so I'll have to put the Courtenay on my wish list :smile:

Thanks again, ladies!

Over the years I've found it key to purchase your fav limited and what you believe may NOT make it to outlets. Some do get past sometimes but doing it this way means you'll always have the bags you love!

Thanks again, ladies!

Congrats on getting the Carrie! I'd ALWAYS choose a limited edition over a regular bag.

Actually, I bought the raspberry textured Carrie with the last PCE and I ended up returning it. It was too heavy for me. It also stuck out a lot from my body when I carried it. It has an extra tiny inside pocket which makes the other inside pockets smaller so I couldn't fit my card case in one of the pockets, like I usually do.

With this PCE, I bought the coral Courtenay, and I love it. For me, this bag works so much better.

I hope the Carrie works for you!

I have both the raspberry textured Carrie and just got the coral Courtenay and if I could only have one it would be Carrie hands down, no questions asked.

As pretty as Courtenay is, it doesn't have that special feel that Carrie has. It's not as feminine, pretty or unique. I think if you looked at other lines you would find bags similar to Courtenay but not so much with Carrie.

Carrie is one of those extra special bags that you don't see every day. Just my opinion from someone who has both. :smile: