Carrie, Lily, or Large Candace

jade

O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
After seeing the FB post about saving 25% I am debating if I should splurge on a new work friendly black bag.

Requirements:
Room for my 13" macbook (not the air)
Room for my nook (at the same time as my notebook)
Room for a portfolio (mini one)
Room for my regular stuff
Room for a water bottle

And additional stuff? I do like some structure for a work bag. A comfy shoulder or crossbody strap is a must.

What do you guys think? Do you have any of them?

Maybi

Love A Good Shopping
Nov 19, 2012
Cali-Cali
True!! I think with the macbook, not sure if there's a bag that'll be super comfy you know!

jade

O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
My definition of comfy maybe a bit off. For example, I do have one option that carries my huge dell work laptop. And it is ok meaning I can walk a mile. But it isn't ideal for this case as it is a laptop bag. Right now I have two Kristin's that would be ok if the strap was wider. The large Sophia I have is a tiny bit too small, but fairly comfy.

katierose

Loves Charms & Bags
O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
California
After seeing the FB post about saving 25% I am debating if I should splurge on a new work friendly black bag.

Requirements:
Room for my 13" macbook (not the air)
Room for my nook (at the same time as my notebook)
Room for a portfolio (mini one)
Room for my regular stuff
Room for a water bottle

And additional stuff? I do like some structure for a work bag. A comfy shoulder or crossbody strap is a must.

What do you guys think? Do you have any of them?
I think the only one that would be big enough is the large Candace, plus it has the long strap.

annie11

Aug 5, 2012
I agree- the large Candace would be a great choice.

I am currently using the medium Candace as my everyday/work bag. It holds my 11 inch MacBook Air, iPad, 2-3 file folders, wallet, wristlet, makeup, with a little room to spare. I do wish the medium Candace had a longer removable strap, but other than that, I have no complaints at all.

Also, I just checked, and my 13 inch MacBook Pro fits just fine in the medium Candace. I can close the zipper (I have the older style with the breakaway zipper).

It may be helpful to take your computer and other items to a Coach store (if possible) and try them out in both the medium and large Candace.

Mom2jtv

Coach Lover
Nov 27, 2012
Washington State
I agree- the large Candace would be a great choice.

I am currently using the medium Candace as my everyday/work bag. It holds my 11 inch MacBook Air, iPad, 2-3 file folders, wallet, wristlet, makeup, with a little room to spare. I do wish the medium Candace had a longer removable strap, but other than that, I have no complaints at all.

Also, I just checked, and my 13 inch MacBook Pro fits just fine in the medium Candace. I can close the zipper (I have the older style with the breakaway zipper).

It may be helpful to take your computer and other items to a Coach store (if possible) and try them out in both the medium and large Candace.
Do you carry Candace on your should when she's loaded up?

Mom2jtv

Coach Lover
Nov 27, 2012
Washington State
I do not, as Candace on the shoulder is possible for many, but It is a little too much of an "armpit bag" IMO. The strap drop is about 8 inches.
That's the way I feel also. But I love this bag so much! I am trying to decide if I can deal with the hand/arm carry options only.

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
That's the way I feel also. But I love this bag so much! I am trying to decide if I can deal with the hand/arm carry options only.
I just used my new graphite candace & carried shoulder way & very comfortably! ;) love it!

annie11

Aug 5, 2012
I've been using my Candace every day for a week now strictly handheld or in the crook of my arm, and have not had any issues. I usually keep my MacBook Air and iPad with me all the time.

jade

O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
Hmm. When I am carrying a laptop I usually have 1 mile to walk. Hand carry only is not a good option.

Today I am using my MK Hamilton. Which is pretty good but doesn't zip.