Carrie Fisher has massive heart attack

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
from the Daily Beast:

Carrie Fisher Has ‘Massive Heart Attack’

49417698.cached.jpg

PAUL HACKETT/REUTERS

According to reports, actress Carrie Fisher suffered a “massive heart attack” while traveling on a plane. TMZ says Fisher, 60, was flying from London to Los Angeles when the heart attack occurred, prompting passengers to perform CPR on her. She was reportedly rushed to a hospital when the plane landed in Los Angeles around noon pacific time. NBC reported that Fisher went into full cardiac arrest, and that her condition is “not good.” Anna Akana, an actress who was on the plane, said Fisher suddenly stopped breathing. Another, Brad Gage, said he was sitting in front of her and she was taken off the plane by emergency officials.

Peter Mayhew, the actor who played Chewbacca in the films, wrote on Twitter: “Thoughts and prayers for our friend and everyone’s favorite princess right now.” Fisher is best known for her role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies, and has been on a book tour for her latest collection, “The Princess Diarist.” In an interview last year with The Daily Beast, she discussed her admiration for her Star Wars role. “People want me to say that I’m sick of playing Leia and that it ruined my life. If my life was that easy to ruin, it deserved to be ruined.”

READ IT AT TMZ
Stay On Topic

Apparently she was unconscious when paramedics arrived and it took them 15 mins to get a pulse. She's currently in a ventilator. It doesn't sound good but I hope she pulls through with minimal brain damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdtracing
I was shocked when I saw it on my local news a bit ago.From what they reported on my local news they tried to revive her for ten minutes. That's not a good sign. I hope she pulls through.

https://apnews.com/amp/968200c2fbc54f649c605d727f505689

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Carrie Fisher is in stable condition after suffering a medical emergency aboard a flight Friday.

Her brother, Todd Fisher, told The Associated Press that she was "out of emergency" and stabilized at a Los Angeles hospital Friday afternoon. He said he could not discuss any other details about what happened.

The "Star Wars" star suffered medical trouble during a flight from London and was treated by paramedics immediately upon landing in Los Angeles around noon Friday, according to reports citing anonymous sources. Celebrity website TMZ, which first reported the incident, said anonymous sources told them the actress suffered a heart attack.

Fisher's publicists and representatives for her mother, Debbie Reynolds, and her daughter, Billie Lourd, did not immediately return calls from the AP.

I think her poor brother is probably in shock and sending mixed messages. If she went from critical condition to stable that would be an improvement but in this article from People it is clear they they don't really know what condition she is in and her family is praying for the best outcome: http://people.com/celebrity/carrie-fisher-heart-attack/
I read that she was not breathing for a number of minutes while people on the plane did CPR. I think you can only go about 6 minutes without oxygen before it causes brain damage. I hope and pray they got her heart beating and breathing restored in time.

Ah man this is horrible news... Hope she pulls through :sad:

hope she gets better....she's very clever
kind of ironic her mom is still alive and performing as far as I know....she must be close to 90
Yeah last I saw (which was last year) her mom was still going strong, she's of that old breed of performer that just keeps on going. Carrie on the other hand... :sad: all the drugs and mental health issues over the years were not kind to her.

I think her poor brother is probably in shock and sending mixed messages. If she went from critical condition to stable that would be an improvement but in this article from People it is clear they they don't really know what condition she is in and her family is praying for the best outcome: http://people.com/celebrity/carrie-fisher-heart-attack/.

He said she was stabilized and out of the emergency room. That's different than if he had said she was in stable condition. He meant she wasn't getting any worse than she was. That is probably true but she is still in very bad shape.