Carre satchel vs Universite

cerezah

Cerezah
May 23, 2014
So, Im trying to find a burgundy colored bag for fall/winter as it is my favourite color. Which one of these bags would you choose amd why?
Carre is quite a new bag and I love how it has the Celine box bag vibes (would love a Celine but it’s just way too expensive), on the other hand the Universite has two straps, thinner and thicker one and it has the beautiful ysl logo on it.
Do you know which one would fit more and any tips on which one is more user friendly?

A31E7D73-C885-4D92-99C9-34B4BA9C6305.jpeg

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
So, Im trying to find a burgundy colored bag for fall/winter as it is my favourite color. Which one of these bags would you choose amd why?
Carre is quite a new bag and I love how it has the Celine box bag vibes (would love a Celine but it’s just way too expensive), on the other hand the Universite has two straps, thinner and thicker one and it has the beautiful ysl logo on it.
Do you know which one would fit more and any tips on which one is more user friendly?

View attachment 4821846
I like the Universite a lot more. The Carre Satchel does resemble the Celine Box in some ways, but I think it is inferior to it as the lock is a bit busy-looking in my opinion.

That being said, maybe it's best to save up to get the Celine. It is a lot of money, but getting either of the two YSLs won't stop you from wanting the Celine necessarily. Besides, the money that goes towards the YSL means that much less money towards the Celine.

cerezah

Cerezah
May 23, 2014
I dont think the Celine box is worth the price tag, so im not going to get that anyways. I love both of these bags, the Carre and the Universite. Just cant decide between them! Does anyone hve any mod shots of either or both of them?

Reactions: HavPlenty