Carré newbie needs color advise

RoKa

Jan 10, 2006
Hi ladies,

6 months ago I stepped into the H world by getting the L'Ivresse de l'Infini. Now I am facitnated by the Dame de Coeur. I got the red / blue cw, since the SA told me that those colours illuminate my face (I have dark brown hair). The attached picture is from hermes.com. But those colors are so bright, that I don't know with which colors of my wardrobe I can match them. I'm started even thinking for exchanging it.
I know there a lot of carre specialits who may help me. I would appreciate any help. :smile:

Thank you!

Attachments

• carre.png
    carre.png
    369.1 KB · Views: 140
For a start, I'd try navy, gray, and black. And possibly taupe. It looks as if there is some taupe/beige in the scarf, although it may be just my monitor. Why don't you play with your scarf in front of your mirror and see what looks best. If you have dark brown hair and light skin, I can see that this scarf would look fabulous on you. If you look at the thread "Which scarf/pointu did you wear today?" you will see some posters who regularly wear bright colors. Maybe it will give you some ideas. Just suggestions, I"m not an expert, ha ha!

This is one of my favorites prints! I have it in the pink/taupe/brown cw and just love it. Have you tried that cw? I'll try to upload pics here later. I have dark hair and light olive toned skin and I think it really brings out my features well.

Congratulations on your new scarves! I love so many of the prints from this season, and this one is so whimsical and fun! I would pair this one with navy and charcoal gray. Maybe even black. The nice thing about colorful scarves is that you can add some pop to a neutral background. You could also tuck it under a blazer or V neck sweater if you don't want to showcase the whole scarf. I am a huge fan of brights, so I say that you should keep it! It really is gorgeous. Oh, and with scarves you can dress them up or down. Jeans and a white button down shirt would also look fantastic. Please join us on the Scarf of the Day thread! We would love to have you post pics and visit with us.:biggrin: Enjoy your beautiful silks!

RoKa, You are not going to believe this, but for Christmas, my sweet husband chose this exact same scarf and colorway for one of my gifts! I love the colors in this and it is so funny that I didn't mention it to him. I read your post yesterday and left a comment, and little did I know that I would receive the same scarf! Just wanted to share that with you! So happy to be your scarf twin! I do hope that you keep it!

Ladybaga What a coincidence :smile: I'm glad for you that you also got the same cw, since you liked it so much. I hope you will also post pics with that scarf in the 'Scarf of the day' thread. I guess for the beginning I will stick to grey and black.
Thanks also to 'Metzfan and shockboogie for advise.

Hi ladies,

6 months ago I stepped into the H world by getting the L'Ivresse de l'Infini. Now I am facitnated by the Dame de Coeur. I got the red / blue cw, since the SA told me that those colours illuminate my face (I have dark brown hair). The attached picture is from hermes.com. But those colors are so bright, that I don't know with which colors of my wardrobe I can match them. I'm started even thinking for exchanging it.
I know there a lot of carre specialits who may help me. I would appreciate any help. :smile:

Thank you!
SAs will say anything to get you to buy the silk - what is important is whether you like it ! Took me years to really know what I like in silk .. But start by asking yourself
- what are the colors in your wardrobe ? esp your accessories
- what colors do you hate ?
- If you wear a lot of black, then anything will go, if you wear navy, gray & brown then fewer colors will go - do you like blue & brown or are you a purist who always puts blues together ?

Good luck!