Carpet bags?!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi TPF family! I have been obsessing about getting an updated "carpet bag" this season :smile:
    I have one that I love from free people but also my eye on this one...I have found similar ones but nothing with this pattern- can anyone help? Or does anyone have any other fun ones to share??

Attached Files:

2. I love old movies with carpet bags.
    They embody adventures & travel.

However, I bought leather version of shape/design.
    Heavier. More suitcase, not handbag.
    http://forum.purseblog.com/showpost.php?p=30034930&postcount=6558
    A thing o' beauty♡
    And slightly steampunk, imo.

3. This is more "tote," imo.
    I think of carpet bags with dowels/rods across top.
    Opening as hammock for contents.
    Could be wrong.

4. Good point, remainsilly- totally agree this is more of a tote than the real carpet bags...I LOVE the one you bought!!:loveeyes:
    I guess what I'm responding to is the rich fabric/tapestry on these updated ones I'm seeing a lot of lately (which is bizarre because my usual downfall is smooshy leather). I am loving this "Campomaggi Carpet Bag" and also this one that Ralph lauren did a few seasons a go...can't find them available anywhere, though :sad:

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopsale-freshcuts/33850413.jsp#/

Attached Files:

5. Thanks for bag compliments♡

Agreed, the colors, the carefree vibe--make carpet style bags fun.
    Maybe your inner wanderer is trying to get free, as summer approaches?! :biggrin:

Red is particularly nice tone, on your choices!♡

Will keep eye out & report if see bags you mentioned available online.

6. I love them!

7. This thread has made me fall for carpet bags!