Carousell scam in Singapore queenshoppersxz

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, I wanted to put it in the Chanel in Singapore thread but it is going to be a lengthy post so I thought I will type it in a new thread. If moderators find it inappropriate, please let me know.

Also, if there are other people in Singapore who have dealt with her before, both good and bad experience, let me know as well.

I was looking at the vanity handbag case in the large size and figured sgd$6220 is a little too much to bear. So when I came across this seller queenshoppersxz who happened to have one more slot for preorder. I checked out on her account and found 5 positive rating. Considering she only joined in march this year, i thought that was not too bad. She quoted me sgd$5800 which I thought was ok. So i proceeded to transfer her the money in good faith on 14/4. On 15/4, I went to check on her profile again and realised the 5 ratings disappeared. These few days, the account had all the listings deleted as well. This is her profile now.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461744187.648966.jpg

Along the way I have been whatapping her for updates on the back. Feel free to read the conversation yourself.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461744235.930044.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461744256.917684.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461744274.533969.jpg

I asked her about the ratings disappearing and she said she had emailed carousell about it.

2. #2 Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    So I let that slide, assuming it was technical error on carousell's end. I pushed her for a date as to when the bag will arrive and she said she will arrange for meetups 18th april onwards
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461744424.129966.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461744450.998673.jpg

I was willing to meet up at either of the location as long as it fits my timing and i have already stated that weekday afternoons are good for me. Later on she changed her statement and said her partner could only pass her the bags on friday 22nd april so i asked to meet on Monday. But she said tuesdays are better because she is on leave.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461744636.376100.jpg

And since she told me that she is picking up the bag on friday, i thought i might as well meet her on friday night. But she said to meet on tuesdays and when she didnt give me a specific timing, i assumed anytime is good!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461744738.128540.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461744771.080800.jpg

I pushed her for a timing to meet on tuesday again and suddenly she is only available on Wednesday. At this point, i would like to add that she is an irresponsible seller even of she had the bag in her possession. You dont expect me to work around YOUR schedule. I have placed trust in her by paying her the full sum for the bag the least she could do is to provide some service. And i dont think i am unreasonable because i was trying to arrange dates that she has given me.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461744935.811733.jpg

3. So sad to hear that so irresponsible seller, hope you received ur bag today, pls update us.

4. Note that she also did not reply me upfront as to whether or no she has the bag. A simple yes or no. She simply ignored my message. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461745063.319184.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461745096.505379.jpg
    She also did not take into acocunt about me being able to meet in the afternoons. I also have my own kid to take care of you know.

The last straw- I told her let me know if she could meet today 330pm and she told me she would let me know is she could. But guess what, she didn't. Surprised? If she knew she wasn't able to make it, she should have taken the effort to call for a courier TODAY.

Guess what?

Not done.

I've had it up to my neck with this idiot. I told her(won't call it threatening since it is my right to make a police report if I have been scammed) I wld report her if she didn't give me a reply by a certain time. Im all ready to make a trip down to the police station tomorrow.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461745669.758496.jpg
    Any inputs, or if you wish to comment on my stupidity, please go ahead

5. Indeed..it is a busy period for me at work and I have to deal with this nonsense. I doubt i will receive it today since she has yet to even call for a courier🙄 i have low expectations though, might not even be a chanel bag that she is delivering to me. Hah

6. so sorry to hear this. i hope she will reply you and send you the original bag soon. i also had concerns with a bag which i bought for cheaper online before. after that i rather pay abit more to buy it myself at the boutique to have a peace of mind. let us know what happens.

7. wow.... quite scary seller. I didn't know it could be happen in Singapore. I ever purchased a Chanel Vintage flap bag from one of the seller in Carousel, but because she already has the bag so we meet up and I pay her cash when I got the bag.

May be you can check with Admin Carousal see what they can do to the seller.

8. How did you pay for this? I also don't love the idea of meeting up with someone you don't know.

In reading this whole convo, it seems that it got very complicated in all the back and forth. A legit shopper would have sent an invoice to verify the purchase so you didn't have to confirm details.
    It stinks that this happened to you, I hope you can get your money back or get the bag.

9. Thanks for your responses. Glad to know I am not over reacting!! I did an interbank transfer so I will call up the bank if there's no updates tomorrow.

Lesson learnt! There are bad eggs everywhere

10. How does interbank transfer work? Can you get the money back or is it like a wire transfer where the money is gone?

11. Isn't whatsapp by phone? Can you track her down by phone number and file a police report?

12. Hmm it means i transfer direct from my account to hers so the banks can step in once i make a police report. If not they cant reveal more details to me

13. Yup will be using that for the police report

14. Wow. So sorry to hear that. I think you should make a police report.

15. At this point I honestly just hope you are able to get your money back. Delaying things and avoiding answering direct questions makes me weary of if they ever even had the bag. Good luck