Caroline vs Reva

melland

May 2, 2014
There are tons of threads about Caroline and Revas but when it really comes down to it, which is the real winner?

Any other favs? The Quinns (I think these are probably Revas with quilting) and the Rubys are nice but I notice the focus always goes back to the Carolines/Revas.

There are tons of threads about Caroline and Revas but when it really comes down to it, which is the real winner?

Any other favs? The Quinns (I think these are probably Revas with quilting) and the Rubys are nice but I notice the focus always goes back to the Carolines/Revas.
Both the Revas and Carolines are winners in my books. I find the Carolines to be comfy right out of the box and my Revas need a slight bit of breaking in. After the slight break in period my Revas are like "Butter" The Quinn and the Serena are certainly spin-offs from the Revas. I also think of the Rubys as spin-offs from the Eddies. I just bought a pair of Ruby's and love them. Back to the Reva/Carolines. Depending on my mood, sometimes I like the big TB logo on the Revas and other times I like the toned down look of the small Caroline logo. Or to go even further the look of my Eddies or Rubys with no highly visible logo.

What can I say. I love all my TB flats.

I second that Caroline's are so comfy, they have that elastic trim that makes it impossible for them to be uncomfortable. Reva's are comfortable too and they come in so many different styles/colours.

Both are equally amazing.

Carolines are def more comfy, although I feel my REVA take a little to break in they are of better quality and tend to last longer. Carolines sole seem to be very easy to get worn out.

I highly recommend both

I love my Carolines to pieces super duper comfy as I have a bad ankle the elastic trim is the best ever and they seem to a little less common compared to the Revas though which I don't mind they also look goo with just about anything can't go wrong I say hugs xoxo

It's interesting to see everyone's opinions and experiences. I just purchased my first pair of Carolines and they are definitely going back. They fit odd on my foot and for the price felt thin and insubstantial.

Alternately, I came across some Revas today at Nordstrom Rack ($150). First time trying them also. They're the smooth black leather with gold logo. These fit me much better, look better, and feel more worth the price. I'm thinking about going back and getting the tumbled leather with the black logo for a more casual look.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the new revas that don't have the elasticized band? I've been wanting a pair since forever but my feet don't do well with flats that have the scrunched elastic band. I was wondering if the new style is any better?

Just picked up the new Reva's without the scrunched back during the Bloomies F&F sale - they're super comfy and fit so much better without the scrunched back!

I'm usually a 9.5 in flats, 10 in boots with most shoes. I ordered a 9 (I tried on the 9 and 9.5 in store over the summer) and they fit perfectly right out of the box. Not too tight in the toes, not loose and flopping in the back. I haven't worn them out yet, just around the house with socks on to stretch them and break them in a bit, but judging by the way they feel with and without socks, these are a serious improvement and keepers!

The Carolines are so comfortable, but sometimes the elastic makes me feel like a little kid. I don't wear them as much as I wear the Revas, because I feel like they are more polished.

Has anyone tried the new revas that don't have the elasticized band? I've been wanting a pair since forever but my feet don't do well with flats that have the scrunched elastic band. I was wondering if the new style is any better?

I really don't like the new Revas. My feet are on the narrow side and the 9's (my usual TB size) were way too big, both in length and width. The 8.5s were just a little too small on one foot. I also found them too wide and just generally uncomfortable. The leather was definitely not as soft as my old Revas. It's such a shame, I think I have to give up on them :tdown:

Both the Caroline and reva are on sale at Nordstrom. I just purchased my very first Tory burch shoes today in Caroline. I have been wanting a pair of Tory burch shoes but couldn't fathom spending over $200 for flats so when I saw it on sale I figured this was my chance. I hope I like them:smile: GL!

Found some Reva's yesterday at Nordstrom Rack that actually feel comfortable, normally I go for the Caroline's. The strange thing was I tried the Reva's in patent leather and they crippled me.
View attachment 2781656

I bought the exact same ones a couple of weeks ago in NR. They were my first Revas. Since then I've gone back and picked up the black patent, black tumbled, and tan tumbled. I passed up a black and white calf hair with a silver logo and have been seriously kicking myself ever since. I was so disappointed to find out that just when I found them they were changing. These are so completely perfect for me that I can't imagine the new ones being better.