Caroline quaility :( having issues?

Galaxygrrl

O.G.
Nov 13, 2010
I had a lot of coach credit (from a big b-day) and I bought three Carolines during a PCE. All two have been exchanged for the same bag due to damage and the third went in for repair. Today I was so fed up, I exchanged one for a store credit.

Anyone else have trouble with the quality of these bags?

The hardware is made in such a way that it gets horrible scratched on the inside of the bag. So much so, that the gold sratched off and it got to the silver colored metal underneath. This happened on all three bags. I sent one in to coach to get fixed and they said this is a known problem and sent me back the bag and a 500 merchandise credit - so I was actually pretty happy.

Then, individually they have all had problem.

(1) Croc - the leather is so fine, it scratched pretty easily and the croc finishing is pealing off. It looks more like paper to me than leather.

(2) Python - the bronze color on the side of the bag just came off and natural leather showed through. I only used it a few times.

(3) The Vechetta (which is by far the most durable one), the kote (that is the brown rubbery coating that coach uses to finish the side of cut leather.) peeled off. I've never seen this before. I sent it in for repair.

The one I thought i would like least is the Vechetta and it's the one I ended up liking the most.

If you don't looooove these bags, pass on them. I love them. I got the Vechetta at a 50% off at Macys during the sale and the Python gave me a $500 credit, so I figure I will get a bunch of wear out of them and it's OK. I would not pay full price for them.

They are sold out at the coach stores, but you can get them from Macy's which is having a friends and family sale through tomorrow.

Wow. That's realllly bad for Coach. These are beautiful, high priced bags and should NOT be having issues like that. I will def pass on one, but that's cool you got the credit and the bag. The vachetta is gorgeous and I hope it works out for you!

Wow. That's realllly bad for Coach. These are beautiful, high priced bags and should NOT be having issues like that. I will def pass on one, but that's cool you got the credit and the bag. The vachetta is gorgeous and I hope it works out for you!

I know, it is very disappointing that the quality of these bags were so poor. I suspect I will end up returning the Python too if it gets much worse.

Wow, thats terrible... I was terrified of my Buffalo Caroline, but other than Jeans rub! Which is expected with soft leather.... It's stood up to daily use like a champ... I wish you the best of luck

Wow, thats terrible... I was terrified of my Buffalo Caroline, but other than Jeans rub! Which is expected with soft leather.... It's stood up to daily use like a champ... I wish you the best of luck

So, let me ask you this. If you look on the inside of the dowels where the metal caps are, is it badly scratched?

The Vechetta is holding up well, what happened was just a fluke i think. The Croc was a mess and the Python, we will see.

So, let me ask you this. If you look on the inside of the dowels where the metal caps are, is it badly scratched?

The Vechetta is holding up well, what happened was just a fluke i think. The Croc was a mess and the Python, we will see.

I just checked it... I tend to be a bit rough on the bags when they are on my arm, so there are some scratches, but no flaking or chipping. Nothing on par with my Sage... It was bad enough that it required a send back... I miss her....

Wow, Coach should get this right, Sages and Carolines are expensive bags and you know, my less expensive coach bags hold up better.

Hope Coach reads this and knows they have a issue to solve.

Hope your sage comes back soon. :smile:

Galaxygrrl said:
The hardware is made in such a way that it gets horrible scratched on the inside of the bag. So much so, that the gold sratched off and it got to the silver colored metal underneath. This happened on all three bags. I sent one in to coach to get fixed and they said this is a known problem and sent me back the bag and a 500 merchandise credit - so I was actually pretty happy.

Then, individually they have all had problem.

(1) Croc - the leather is so fine, it scratched pretty easily and the croc finishing is pealing off. It looks more like paper to me than leather.

(2) Python - the bronze color on the side of the bag just came off and natural leather showed through. I only used it a few times.

(3) The Vechetta (which is by far the most durable one), the kote (that is the brown rubbery coating that coach uses to finish the side of cut leather.) peeled off. I've never seen this before. I sent it in for repair.

The one I thought i would like least is the Vechetta and it's the one I ended up liking the most.

If you don't looooove these bags, pass on them. I love them. I got the Vechetta at a 50% off at Macys during the sale and the Python gave me a $500 credit, so I figure I will get a bunch of wear out of them and it's OK. I would not pay full price for them.

They are sold out at the coach stores, but you can get them from Macy's which is having a friends and family sale through tomorrow.

Oh my!! Ignore my qs in another thread and post. I got all my answers here. Wow. I think I'll call my sa and report problems I've had with two of my Carolines. Even at p c e prices these are hardly cheap. Thanks for sharing this post with others!

Oh my!! Ignore my qs in another thread and post. I got all my answers here. Wow. I think I'll call my sa and report problems I've had with two of my Carolines. Even at p c e prices these are hardly cheap. Thanks for sharing this post with others!

proffashionista What issues are you having with your Carolines or could you please direct me to the other thread/post mentioned above?

I was thinking of ordering one of the new spring Carolines with the upcoming PCE, but should probably check my current two (buffalo and python) before getting another.

Thank you!

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm going to kind of revive it and see if anyone is having issues with their hardware on the blue woven or aubergine caroline?

I just posted in the Caroline clubhouse, but this may be a better place for this. I just recently noticed a problem with the hardware on my aubgerine caroline which looks like either tarnish or the gold plating is coming off.

I'm not hard on my bags at all. I stay at home and most of the time, my bags are sitting unless I run to the mall or grocery store. I just noticed it seems to be happening to my blue woven caroline as well. I just love these bags and am so sad :sad:

Anyone else seeing this?

dca646d8.jpg
f5abe320.jpg

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm going to kind of revive it and see if anyone is having issues with their hardware on the blue woven or aubergine caroline?

I just posted in the Caroline clubhouse, but this may be a better place for this. I just recently noticed a problem with the hardware on my aubgerine caroline which looks like either tarnish or the gold plating is coming off.

I'm not hard on my bags at all. I stay at home and most of the time, my bags are sitting unless I run to the mall or grocery store. I just noticed it seems to be happening to my blue woven caroline as well. I just love these bags and am so sad :sad:

Anyone else seeing this?

dca646d8.jpg
f5abe320.jpg

HI ~~
Sorry to hear about issues with your Caroline! I had the Black Buffalo Caroline for like a minute and then returned her. Not because of issues with tarnishing. I do have a Elevated Kristin Tote that the rings have peeled on. I took it in to one of my FP Coach stores and the ASM told me that when there are two or more rings on the handles of a bag, they are prone to rub and cause tarnishing. (Not what I really wanted to hear especially when you pay a lot of money for a bag!!!) You might want to send your Caroline in and see what Coach will do.
Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin: