Carnelian alhambra wear and tear

EpiFanatic

VCA bb
O.G.
May 5, 2010
At home
VCA does not recommend it. And over time it can lose its shine, become dull when exposed to chemicals repeatedly. However if you don’t want to bother, just have the motif replaced when it gets too dull for you.

Reactions: Stardust Andromeda

beansbeans

O.G.
Sep 14, 2007
Carnelian is super easy to clean. Even after a hot, sweaty summer day, everything rinses off with plain water. Dry well and looks good as new.

But I wouldn't recommend wearing in the shower. Just imagine the soap scum on your shower walls, on your bracelet.

hxw5218

Jun 13, 2020
I've heard that carnelian are majorly composed of SiO2, so you can treat them almost like glasses. Or even better, carnelians are like tougher, more rigid glasses. I won't worry about taking them into showers or workout, I will only worry about the scratches & avoid hitting them against solid surfaces.

Reactions: lilpikachu

caglape

Apr 4, 2012
Hi how i have the sweet also been wearing it 24/7 and didn’t notice a thing. But i’m not sure of seawater or chlorine.. Any experience?

Bisoux78

Jul 26, 2012
Strawberry Fields
I just bought the sweet carnelian alhambra necklace and would to know if this piece is safe to wear in the shower or while exercising?
It's a carefree stone...along with Onyx. However, those two show smudge more easily than the other stones but nothing a cleaning cloth can't fix. When it gets too "dirty", I wash it with hand soap and water then dry immediately.

Reactions: lilpikachu and hhw

Anabunny

May 25, 2020
It’s easy to clean like glass, but it doesn’t look good with dirt, so one has to be on top of cleaning.

Karashops

Mar 2, 2020
I’ve been wearing mine since 2018, in the shower, swimming, exercising... looks fine to me! Gunk on the sides make the gold look dull, but can be resolved by using a soft toothbrush on it. I don’t baby my jewellery!